Senior Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The CSCP Strategy and Transformation team is responsible for designing, building, and managing the reference data services and the automation that enable supply chain processes. We are looking for a passionate Senior Program Manager to own and drive building next generation reference data services and automations, from ideation and strategy formulation through requirements and execution.
- Own product management accountability to define and launch the product capabilities that drive the desired business outcomes.
- Engage with customers and partners to deeply understand the requirements and develop the product roadmap to address those needs.
- Break ambiguous and complex problems into a manageable list of epics and features with clearly articulated specs.
- Closely partner with the software engineering teams to land key product capabilities and business goals.
- Proactively identify critical risks to the product roadmap and KPIs and mitigate those risks by working across all the teams.
- Continuously engage with customers, partners, and leadership to provide updates on product roadmap and collect actionable feedback.
- Identify critical data and telemetry required to optimize the product functionality, and work with engineering teams to grow the required data footprint.
- Manage metrics, dashboards, and analytics that track the performance of the product capabilities against the goals and optimize the product functionality to drive the right performance.
- Perform rich analysis and develop actionable insights using a variety of data sets.
- Advanced four year degree, preferably BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent OR equivalent work experience in lieu of education.
- 7+ years combined experience & Product Management, Technical Program Management, Data Science, Operations Research, Software Development, technical/engineering role(s).
- 5+ years of experience leading program/product management and/or implementing automation systems.
- 2+ years strong data analysis skills leveraging SQL, Power BI, Kusto.
- Experience with a metrics-driven mindset, and the ability to experiment, learn, and improve.
- Proven ability to analyze complex systems and drive solutions in collaboration with engineering teams and business stakeholders.
- Great problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills.
- Self-driven, ability to work with minimal direction, and thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.