Continuous Improvement Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
As a Continuous Improvement Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading, facilitating and delivering process design workshops, Value Steam mapping activities, and Kaizen workshops to deliver standardized processes that drive efficiencies and reduce waste.
#CPDE, #Lean, #SixSigma, #Blackbelt
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement activities including mapping current and future process maps, driving corrective actions, and developing, tracking, and measuring qualitative and quantitative results.
- Drive a culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, advocacy, and hands-on leadership.
- Partner with senior leadership, understand business goals, analyze opportunities, and develop improvement plans for various workflows.
- Build roadmaps that support the tactical execution of key continuous improvement initiatives across stakeholder teams.
- Ensure consistent application of continuous improvement tools, methodologies, and best practices to accelerate improvements at scale.
- Identifies and engage subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in continuous improvement.
- Work with internal partners to identify Continuous improvement opportunities through the timely resolution of Incidents, RCA's and Repair items.
- Manage a range of performance measures (metrics) to regularly monitor the effectiveness of processes and validate effectiveness of continuous improvement solutions.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Ops/ Supply Chain, Industrial /Manufacturing engineering, Business, or equivalent experience in related fields
- Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt with process design, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen workshop facilitation experience.
- 2+ years facilitating process-level change management efforts, using process design workshops and other Lean techniques.
- 2+ years documenting and improving work processes to make workflow more efficient and productive.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- MBA in Supply Chain Management a plus.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills - ability to manage competing priorities, set clear expectations, collaborate, identify objectives, develop and deliver feedback in written, oral, and presentation formats for partner teams, and senior executive management.
- Demonstrated project management skills involving multiple Internal partners. High comfort with handling multiple ongoing priorities.
- Ability to deliver and maintain mature processes, procedures, program baselines, training, and improvement plans.
- Self-starter with a high degree of ownership.
- Experience in high-tech electronics manufacturing / supply chain.
- Experience working in datacenter or other critical infrastructure environment.
- Familiarity with large scale server hardware, network devices and related technologies, in datacenter environments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.