Principal Program Manager
Location: Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft runs on trust. Earning and keeping that trust has never been more important.
In Customer Security and Trust (CST), program managers, engineers, analysts, investigators, data scientists, attorneys, and business professionals are responsible for some of the most exciting projects at Microsoft focused on protecting our customers.
- We actively partner with law enforcement and security organizations around the globe to disrupt bad actors who are using malware, phishing scams, IP abuse, tech support fraud, and other means to target our customers.
- We ensure that governments who are requesting data from Microsoft in support of their criminal investigations through legal orders follow due process, striking a balance between fighting cybercrime and protecting customer data.
- We provide solutions to demonstrate that Microsoft is in compliance with cybersecurity practices in support of government and industry customers.
Our CST Engineering team is growing. We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to join our team and help deliver on our vision of creating a safer digital experience for every person and organization on the planet, which in turn, promotes trust in Microsoft.
As part of the CST Engineering team, you will work with engineers and stakeholders to design, build, and support critical innovative and scalable tools using cutting-edge strategies and state-of-the-art cloud technologies.
The successful candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, accountability, and the ability to drive complex projects to completion while navigating competing priority tradeoffs.
- Lead the requirements, analysis, and development efforts for Engineering projects, solving complex business problems while leveraging Azure technologies and Agile Scrum methodology.
- Enable the transformation of high-volume complex data structures into relevant information used by Data Scientists, Analysts, Investigators, and legal teams to combat cloud crime.
- Partner with colleagues throughout CST-E to drive engineering initiatives with cross-team impact.
- Work closely with product owners, business stakeholders and across divisional boundaries to execute strategies and roadmaps.
- Become an expert on system architecture, functionality, and data flows as well as operations processes and tools.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Effectively manage tradeoffs between cost, schedule, and business impact.
- Collaborate with Developers, Product Managers, Program Managers, Analysts, Investigators, Lawyers, Data Scientists, Architects and Site Reliability Engineers to support and implement successful solutions.
- Utilize key performance metrics to derive deep insights that lead to improvements for multiple feature areas across divisional boundaries.
- Embody our culture and a demonstrated commitment to the company’s core values, including a commitment to high ethical standards, unquestioned integrity, and a commitment to advancing the company’s diversity & inclusion commitments.
Must Have/Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree AND 6+ years experience in technical program management, software development, site operations, database administration, quality assurance, or similar engineering roles OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 4+ years of experience with agile delivery methodologies.
- US Citizenship
Nice to Have/Preferred Qualifications:
- Expertise in bringing together diverse stakeholders and perspectives, aligning goals between business and technology, and driving focused results with significant impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal oversight while leading an agile, high-performing team.
- 2+ years in a big data, fraud, or security engineering team.
- Exposure to big data platforms and tools (ex. Data Explorer, Cosmos, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Lambda).
- Experience with BI/Analytics tools like PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau or familiarity with data modeling tools like PowerDesigner.
- Experience with real time or near real time data ingestion and analysis technologies (ex. Azure Event Hub, Stream Analytics, Data Explorer)
- Experience in data mining and analysis with intermediate to advanced query skills (ex. MS SQL, Synapse Analytics, Data Explorer, Cosmos, Hive, MR, RedShift, Snowflake, MySQL).
If hired for this position, the team you would be joining is part of our Cloud organization and/or works with government contracts and as such has a unique background check requirement, detailed below. Please note you will be provided with steps for completing the check if you accept a role on the team.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.