Technology Specialist-Business Applications
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, being diverse and inclusive and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you love working with Startups to achieve their business outcomes? In this role, you will become part of the next generation of technical leaders at Microsoft. With the aid of best-in-class sales processes, techniques and technologies, you will be empowered to shape relationships for a strategic set of Microsoft's startups. You will be a technically intense workload expert within the Microsoft sales organization working with our most important startup customers. You play a key role in the total sales cycle by helping them with their end-to-end business transformation needs through envisioning, designing and demonstrating solutions mapped to business value within the area of your workload expertise. Executing with excellence you will collaborate across the sales opportunity journey with the Business Applications sales team, Microsoft partners and ISVs, other technical specialists and our Customer Success team.
This is a unique opportunity for a bold, customer oriented, strategic thinker to help identify unique prospects and execute Microsoft cloud deals that drive significant publicity, competitive share, and revenue for the Microsoft Azure platform. We operate like a “startup” within Microsoft and the team driving this initiative is incredibly entrepreneurial and high-performance. Senior leaders across Microsoft are making an incredible commitment to this initiative and we are rapidly scaling this program, looking for new talent to join our rapidly expanding team.
Microsoft Business Applications cloud is recognized by analysts as a leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Relationship Management (ERP) and application platform space. Microsoft Business Applications uniquely enables customers to optimize their operations, engage their customers, empower their people and transform their products. This unified approach to data and intelligence enables customers to make informed proactive business decisions with deep insights powered by artificial intelligence and industry-leading analytics (Power BI) resulting in the following benefits:
- Create impact faster: Deliver more impact in less time by quickly deploying solutions, or augmenting existing ones.
- Break through barriers: Take a data-first approach with unified data that leverages Microsoft AI to deliver insights .
- Adapt to anything: Agility to react and respond to new business priorities, market conditions and customer opportunities.
- Innovate everywhere: Solve problems with powerful solutions only possible with the Microsoft cloud enabling interoperable solutions.
See what Satya Nadella has to say about Microsoft Business Applications here .
The Technical Specialist is a key member of the Business Applications sales pursuit team and is a strategic thinker, proactive problem solver, sales and technical roadblock resolver displaying a growth mindset with deep functional and technical knowledge in the workload.
The following are the role responsibilities for the Microsoft Business Applications Technical Specialist:
Assist Sales Executive in RFP Response and in Envisioning Solution:
- Assist Sales Executive in delivering compelling RFP/RFI response, in envisioning solution using ISV components, by assembling and collaborating with a technical pursuit team that includes partner and ISV resources.
Design Customer-centric Solution Aligned with Envisioned Solution & Business Value:
- Secure customer agreement to a solution design built with alignment to the customer-agreed digital transformation journey by partnering with the technical pursuit team ensuring alignment to envisioned solution and business value.
Deliver a Customer-centric Demonstration:
- Receive a standing ovation by delivering a compelling solution demonstration emphasizing business value aligned to the designed solution.
- Ensure demonstration follows “Tell-Show-Vision” model and has an end-to-end view building opportunities for seeding and expansion after initial sale.
Work with Customer Success/Partner Team on Deployment Plan:
- Assist Business Applications Sales Executive (if required) in reviewing licensing proposal. Collaborate with Customer Success team and partner to ensure the customer agreed deployment plan maps to Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Represent the Microsoft Culture
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 6+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field AND 6+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of applicable workload expertise with one or more of the following: technical presales, post-sales consulting or relevant company/customer IT application implementation or management
- Driving and designing a solution strategy as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle
- Extensive collaboration with technical pursuit teams designing cloud-based customer solutions
- Success working with customers/stakeholders in presales or consulting engagements related to business applications workloads
- Proven success demonstrating differentiated solution value and competitive advantage delivering customer-facing technical workload demonstrations to enterprise decision makers
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value
- Ability to bring innovative technical solution ideas to customer problems
- Experienced problem solver able to thrive in a fast-paced environmentDesirable but not required – workload certifications/degrees
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders; experienced storyteller.
- Growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow
- This role can be located in any city in the USA
- The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148000 and $222000.
- At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
- Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions (CRM/ERP) workload expertise in one or more of the following: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Retail/Commerce and/or Finance and how these solutions help customers achieve their desired business outcomes
- Business value selling methodologies and practices mapped to customer persona pains/issues to uncover customers’ stated and unstated needs
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform, as well as competitive knowledge of other business applications solutions and related ecosystems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.