Technology Specialist Manager - Modern Work - Productivity & Teams
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas, Texas, Kansas City, Missouri, Little Rock, Arkansas, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Microsoft Technical Specialist Managers build, develop and lead teams of Technical Specialists to identify and win over the technical decision maker in the Business and IT department of our Enterprise Customers. You and your team will drive technical decisions at the customer that helps them achieve Business value with the Microsoft Platform, and thereby secure long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft. As a Technical Specialist Manager, you will be a key leader to helping customers embrace and succeed through digital transformation.
You will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
Scale Customer Engagements:
You will enable and empower team to influence customer decisions and ensure technical wins by streamlining processes and managing the flow of wins, leveraging deep knowledge of processes, aligning goals across solution areas and facilitates cross-selling with various workloads.
You will orchestrate team resources and coach team to maximize impact of customer engagements and drive mid-to long-term strategy through cross-workload capacity planning, prioritization, and utilization of resources. You will proactively plan team resources and influences future blueprints.
Scale Through Partners:
You will maximize area-level capacity and capabilities of scaling through partners by coaching team to grow partner network, identifying gaps and promoting Microsoft within the Microsoft ecosystem (e.g., account teams). You will raise escalations or alleviate blockers through collaboration with manager-level counterparts in cross-functional groups.
You will build compete strategy, coach, and provide support to internal teams and work with local marketing teams to shape corporate domain messages.
Solution Design and Proof:
You will oversee coach team in guiding customers through digital transformation solutions and applying advanced sales methodologies, while envisioning new and innovative solutions that use Microsoft technology to meet customer needs and identifying new technical and business trends/needs serving as the voice of the customer (VOC) to Microsoft.
You will enable and empower team to develop technical expertise and act as a technical thought leader by sharing best practices.
- 8+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Preferred or Additional qualifications:
- 3+ year(s) of People Management experience (including leading virtual teams) and building high performing pre-sales teams and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and associated track record of developing and growing people.
- Embracing of a growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
- High level of self-awareness, reflection and empathy.
- Ability to skillfully communicate, demonstrate and prove the value of productivity leveraging the M365 Platform and related application solutions.
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value.
- Excel at owning and coordinating team resources to successfully build and deliver a compelling and differentiated solution demonstration to our customers.
- Proven collaborator especially capable of influencing internal teams such as sales, engineering, marketing and external teams, our customers and partners.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders, e.g. CIO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales, etc.
- Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from the competition by reframing value and exemplifying customer obsession.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.