Sr. Finance Manager – MSIO – Product Portfolio Margin Strategy
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Embracing our cloud-first strategy, we deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) Finance is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build-out Microsoft’s end-to-end cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team, you will support long-term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition, while enhancing transparency into cloud infrastructure investments, and safeguarding shareholder value.
The Built-on-Azure team inside MSIO Finance is responsible for margin strategy and investment optimization of Azure’s SaaS & PaaS products.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Finance Manager to partner with engineering and business leaders to deeply understand, influence, and manage the gross margin health for the portfolio of applications & lines of business built on the Dynamics 365 platform, as well as model, plan, and implement structural efficiencies, new offerings, and long-term bets.
This role partners closely with engineering, business planning, marketing, as well as a breadth of finance partners. It is a critical role supporting the rapidly growing Business Applications & Dynamics 365 portfolio, a strategic area of growth and investment for the broader Microsoft Cloud.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Partner with engineering teams & leaders to drive application profitability. Identify and drive partnerships between finance and software, platform, & infrastructure engineering teams to deliver cross-functional efficiencies and resource optimization.
- Partner with engineering, product marketing, finance, and business planning teams to support end-to-end product planning and long-term steady state profitability strategies. Articulate findings to facilitate executive decision making across business and finance leaders.
- Continuously improve and evolve COGS and Gross Margin insights garnered through financial results and KPIs with goal of influencing/impacting business in positive manner and crisp story telling.
- Manage the financial health of new and existing applications through leveraging reporting, partnering on forecasting, and owning long-range planning aligned to steady state gross margin targets
- Display thought leadership by continuously improving financial modeling as business evolves.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling capabilities and strategic thinking
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous, fast-moving environments with evolving technology and business model trends
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way. Executive level oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed COGS analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, quickly prioritize for impact and the resourcefulness to deliver
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.