Principal Software Engineer - Defender for Cloud
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Securing the Cloud is more important than ever. Businesses and governments are under constant threat from a variety of actors. Our team is dilligently working to extend Microsoft Defender for Cloud to provide advanced threat protection for customers across all platforms and clouds, as well as the ability to close vulnerabilities in cloud applications before they are exploited.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about building distributed, highly available and secure services. This organization values diversity and embodies a culture that is very welcoming, highly collaborative and encourages employees to bring their authentic self to the workplace. From lively design conversations to online game days, we know how to have fun! Join our team and help protect hundreds of millions of customers, and chase after bad guys!
- Contribute technical expertise and leadership to help make sound architecture, design, and implementation decisions.
- Partner with and mentor junior team members.
- Model best practices for engineering, quality, and live site-focus.
- Exercise a willingness to learn and share while collaborating with researchers, data scientists, product managers, and cross-functional teams to address customer requirements.
- 8+ years’ experience in software development and engineering.
- 8+ years’ experience working with C#, Java, Python, or C++
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Coding, debugging, design and architecture skills from prior work on distributed systems, API design and engineering for scale.
- Exposure and/or experience with Kubernetes, Azure, or other cloud technologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.