Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Direct3D Ecosystem team delivers world-class graphics technologies ranging from low-level system APIs and software rasterization platforms to end-to-end gaming enhancements like Auto HDR for PC. Through close collaboration with industry leaders, the team is also deeply committed in our mission to take Microsoft’s driver ecosystem to the next level and accelerate graphics driver innovation. The team has a range of experience levels from new to the industry through 10+ years working in high performance graphics development. It’s a highly collaborative culture with everyone’s contributions valued. We are looking for an engineer with experience and a strong desire to build cutting-edge graphics systems, modernize gaming experiences, and shape future silicon roadmaps. This important role offers significant potential to positively impact Microsoft and the broader graphics and gaming industry.
- Design, build and support key features for graphics systems that delight customers
- Engage in co-engineering efforts with industry leaders to deliver scalable graphics driver infrastructure
- Deliver features with a focus on quality and maintainability
- Work effectively across teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
- Have at least 5 years of experience delivering broadly released, commercial quality consumer or enterprise software
- Should have strong C/C++ coding and debugging skills
- Should have knowledge of GPU architecture and low-level graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL/Vulkan, or Metal
- Graphics driver development experience is a strong plus
- The ideal candidate has good communication/customer interfacing skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and ability to prioritize software development tasks
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.