Digital Cloud Solution Architect – App Innovation
Location: Dallas, Texas, Fargo, North Dakota
Job Type: Full time
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation and business goals by helping customers with Microsoft solutions and partners. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed and scale customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology including big data and analytics. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers realize value from the Microsoft Cloud across customer solution areas like Modern Work, Security, Business Applications, Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Application Innovation.
The Cloud Solution Architect team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers, partners and your account team to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Microsoft Teams engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate App Innovation Architect focusing on Azure Application Innovation to join the SMC Technical team. This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and production with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within our managed customer base. You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers. You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption. You will drive technical intensity of developers and create communities within customers. And you will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop Azure platforms.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Scale Customer Engagements & Manage the consumption business - As a trusted technical advisor, proactively identify stakeholders needs and ensure wins; support customer's digital architecture transformation by keeping up to date with customer information, deep technical, industry and market trends, and compliance regulations. Drives new workloads and takes ownership of milestones within engagements jointly with sales team.
- Scale Through Partners - Engages in partner sell-with scenarios as needed to prove capabilities and integration into customer environment. Reviews partner demonstrations and provides feedback to ensure alignment with Microsoft standards. Captures core competitive knowledge across solution areas and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies.
- Architecture Design and Deployment - Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s); provides thought leadership for technical architecture design, development, and deployment and supports the customer/partner throughout pre-sales (ie; pilots, proof of concept) and/or implementation incorporating quality assurance and Risk Management.
- Trusted Advisor - Develop deep relationships with key customers, Software Engineering and IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. Be the voice of the customer. Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Technical Thought Leadership - Maintain architect level technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; Be an Azure based solutions evangelist with customers, partners and external communities. Provides thought leadership by acting as role model for the architect community and consistently sharing knowledge to increase the functional or technical skills and expertise of peers in ways that impact career goals and business outcomes.
- Business outcomes focused – Have a good understanding of business strategy and understand how to map the customer’s business outcomes to technology. Focus on driving impact for the customer’s business and develop a true partnership.
- Other - Embody our culture and values
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to empower customers to create a modernization journey roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies including Kubernetes, Azure PaaS services (e.g. App Service, Java, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) and Application Development with low code options and DevOps and GitHub technologies as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
Ensure all solutions exhibit a “Well-Architected” framework, such as high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- 5+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 7+ years technical architect, consulting, design, and implementation, and/or sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with cloud-based solution designs, migrations and management of technology.
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute plans and build strong relationships.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services team, Microsoft partners, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development.
- Purposeful Planner & Executor – Delivers business impact with intentional planning, driving clarity to the team with consistent coaching rhythms, removing blockers and ensuring quarterly business budget goals are met.
- Disciplined Operator – Maintains excellence in pipeline management, forecasting and driving integrated territory and budget achievement planning.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Required.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud). Required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud native app hosting through software design, development, deployment and app refactoring/migrations. Required
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks, SDKs etc. Required
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio). Preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred. Preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs. Preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.