Program Manager 2
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to be part of the team building Microsoft Azure and help businesses around the world transform to cloud-first, edge-first infrastructure? Are you passionate about cloud computing, distributed systems and working on hybrid cloud technology at massive scale? Are you excited about driving tremendous business growth and innovation in Azure? You can be part of a strategic team with Microsoft-wide and industry-wide impact. The Azure Edge + Platform organization brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Now is the time to work in the rapidly transforming world of computer networking, operating systems and services and Microsoft is at the forefront of this revolution!
We are the Core Operating Systems team, and we own all layers of the network stack & partner with teams in Azure, Office 365, Surface, Windows, and Xbox to build secure and scalable networking features for our customers. We work with web services as well as industry standard bodies and the open-source community to build E2E solutions deployed in the smallest devices to the largest datacenters.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our rapidly expanding team. This individual will drive technical networking innovation strategy while partnering with their team to deliver improvements to networking security, privacy, and performance.
- You will deliver the Product Definition, Vision, and platform for the technologies that power the next generation of secure and scalable networking solutions for developers, consumers, enterprise users, and datacenters. These accountabilities extend to technologies including TCP/UDP, QUIC, eBPF, DPDK/XDP, SDN, HTTP, DNS, and DHCP as well as making these technologies excel in containerized, high-compliance, or Zero-Trust environments.
- You will have the opportunity to work with industry partners on new protocol deployment as well as service partners on improving performance for traffic over the Internet and intranets.
- You will directly impact product engineering decisions based on industry feedback and measured performance.
- You will build a team culture that fosters an inclusive environment for growth mindset and customer obsession.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Product Marketing, Business Planning and Engineering to identify product release criteria and product strategies
- 3+ years of Product/Program Management/Engineering experience shipping infrastructure, enterprise, or developer-focused product to external customers.
- Proven track record of identifying the root cause of challenges raised by customers and then building technical solutions that solve the problem.
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills to drive clarity across a matrixed organization located in multiple geographies
- Excellent written and oral communication.
An ideal candidate will exhibit the following:
- Technical expertise and a willingness to continue learning and expanding that expertise
- Passion for working with partners to understand the root cause behind technical challenges to better inform solution design
- Product thought leadership with technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly understand capabilities, technical issues, and desire to roll up your sleeves when needed.
- Strong organizational and people leadership skills to proactively lead the team.
- A diverse and inclusive view of employees such that you enable and inspire, attract, develop, and retain people to do their best work on the team.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.