National Solution Area Specialist, Biz Apps
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Charlotte, North Carolina, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Kansas City, Missouri, Las Vegas, Nevada, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Richmond, Virginia, Sacramento, California, Salt Lake City, Utah, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Industry Solutions helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The focus of the National Solution Area Specialist, Biz Apps role is to drive and close consulting opportunities, developing and winning market-making opportunities that enable transformational customer outcomes and accelerating cloud growth in Microsoft’s most strategic enterprise customers.
- Sales Execution – Drives intentional customer conversations with CXO level customer stakeholders and develops transformational Consulting propositions with customers.
- Scaling & Collaboration – Collaborates with Specialist Team Unit (STU) & Customer Success Unit (CSU) peers on attach motions which are critical to Security sales pursuits, contributing to XIS team’s input to account planning, including partner strategy, where appropriate.
- Technical Expertise – Leverages appropriate Security Go To Market (GTM) assets & motions to drive transformational customer conversations, communicating Consulting value proposition, aligned to customers’ priorities.
- Sales Excellence - Drives the sales cycle from lead qualification through to deal closure, effectively executing per Microsoft selling processes and methods to drive deal velocity and successfully close deals.
- Coaching – Coaches OU SSSPs to excellence through community leadership, 1:1 sessions, and direct engagement on strategic opportunities.
Key Capabilities: Individuals in the Security SSSP role should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Sales Execution - Ability to: Articulate value propositions, aligned to customer priorities; Skilled in leveraging sales methods such as Business Value Assessments & 3-Horizon modelling, as well as sales techniques for creating cases for customer change, differentiating value & intentionally leveraging required sales motions & IP
- Scaling & Collaboration - Ability to: Lead virtual teams to deal success & build relationships with CXO-level stakeholders. Skilled in identifying value-creation opportunities & in influencing, collaboration & relationship building
- Technical Expertise - Ability to: Drive Security-enabled digital transformational conversations, aligned to customer priorities. Skilled in leveraging Security consulting expertise & knowledge of the overall Microsoft end-to-end security perspective, Azure Security solutions & enablement of employee & customer experiences, Modern Work End-User Security & Remote & Hybrid Work solutions, Managed Detection & Response, Modernizing Security Operations Centers & Building Reference Architectures
- Sales Excellence - Ability to: Drive the sales cycle from lead qualification through to deal closure; Skilled in: Sales Process (0-100% lifecycle), qualification, close planning, pipeline hygiene & negotiation
- 7+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- 3+ years of biz apps or ERP sales experience
- 9+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 6+ years of solution or services sales experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.