Digital Specialist - Azure
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Specialist, Azure Customer Acquisition is a hunter solution sales professional within our SMC Managed Digital Sales and Technology Unit, focused on bringing on new managed customers onto the Azure platform. As part of this role you will help realize the Company’s key strategic focus to increase our customer base of Azure customers. You will need to cover a large sales territory by profiling customers and using intelligence to prospect effectively, identifying new Azure opportunities and driving rapid Azure adoption.
- Closes large, multi-cloud complex deals with multiple decision makers. Executes high levels of pipeline hygiene. Leads pipeline reviews for the team. Prioritizes customers to contact based on gathered intelligence and automated sources. Keeps accurate and complete documentation of customer contacts. Identifies sources of information for customer intelligence. Demonstrates actively driving pipeline progression. Increases multi-cloud cross-selling results. Provides customer insights for impactful business change.
- Dispositions quality leads appropriately and in a timely manner. Meets expected activity levels to reach targets (e.g., calling customers on leads, appointment booking, email follow ups). Gathers and assimilates additional data and insights to inform lead dispositioning. Shares and seeks best practices in lead management. Prepares and delivers multiple demos and execution with a breadth of technical topics.
- Regularly achieves and/or exceeds targets for wins and revenue with consistent above average performance in market/solution area. Lands complex multi-cloud deals with high customer focus. Develops and shares methods for contacting customers and follow ups. Demonstrates disciplined approach to managing complete funnel in order to achieve targets.
- Consistently grows average deal size through cross sell, upsell, and strong customer focus. Drives resolution of blockers to help customers make decisions favoring Microsoft products and services. Aligns appropriate partners to drive best solutions for customers. Prepares and share best practices across regions. Drives deeper conversations with customers regarding digital transformation and alignment to Microsoft solutions. Leverages competitive insight in customer engagements. Actively leverages marketing insights to drive holistic customer conversations.
- Provides coaching to new hires. Proactively provides positive and constructive feedback on process, programs, culture, and areas of focus for potential improvement. Participates in v-team tasks related to driving improvements. Shares information with stakeholder groups to drive improvement. Shares customer insights with manager, peers, and cross-workload.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in a chosen area and shares best practices and insights with other team members proactively and consistently. Acts as a mentor for new hires. Expands onboarding activities to broader teams. Leads a stretch project. Coaches team on selling. Covers for manager when needed. Motivates and uplifts others. Provides kudos, praise, and recognition to teammates. Promotes inclusion by leveraging and executing best practices. Partners with peers from different teams to share ideas and best practices. Demonstrates curiosity in seeking out best practice. Expands network of experts.
- Reviews plans with manager on regular cadence. Has regular one-to-one meetings to review progress and status against targets. Participates in team meetings, all-hands as needed. Proactively provides feedback on potential improvements. Iterates on processes to drive improvement. Stays abreast of product knowledge, company news, and market trends. Follows processes with rigor and timeliness, in accordance with pipeline management and target achievement. Recognizes current state and takes action appropriately to improve or course correct as needed. Shares perspective to drive operational improvement.
- Complies 100% with Digital Cloud Acquisition and Microsoft-wide processes. Elevates compliance concerns as needed.
- Completes all required training. Completes optional/recommended training (e.g., deeper solution area training/certifications). Seeks and achieves stretch learning projects. Creates and manages Personal Development Plan (PDP) in partnership with manager. Conducts regular reviews with manager. Seeks and achieves stretch projects or learnings. Learns to prepare and deliver multiple demos with a depth of technical topics.
- Executes Digital Sales excellence through use of tools such as LinkedIn, PointDrive, and Elevate to better identify, connect, and engage with customers and key decision makers and promote professional brand.
- Works across partners and internal teams to deliver strong customer experience. Increases scale and productivity through partners. Works with mentor outside Digital Cloud Acquisition. Explores new ways of execution, and leverages best practices shared by others. Proactively identifies opportunities to leverage deal-winning resources as appropriate (e.g., business desk, Digital Win Room [DWR], End Customer Investment Funds [ECIF]). Manages conflict and resolves by finding common ground and agreed-upon path forward.
- 6+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 3+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 1+ year(s) sales and negotiation experience or related work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.