PM, Network Deployments
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The Network Infrastructure Deployment team delivers the hyper-scale, low latency, high reliability network connecting customers around the globe to the rapidly growing Microsoft Cloud. As part of the Cloud and Enterprise organization, we support the needs of more than 200 Microsoft online services, including Bing, Office 365, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive and several hundred thousand customers using Azure to host and run their Cloud Services in over 100 datacenters, running millions of servers and edge computing nodes all over the world. Our customers and partners rely on our commitment, follow through and continuous improvement to achieve their goals.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for delivering on the Cloud network infrastructure strategy along with the related technologies to support data center capacity demands at scale in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Applying a system thinking approach, you will lead a team to understand the product/program lifecycle process, apply technical insights and deep knowledge of constraints along the deployment execution process and across ecosystem teams to drive network deployments that ensure predictable delivery of capacity to end customers on time. You are part of a global team where you will plan, lead, and coordinate with global stakeholders and external suppliers to deploy greenfield and brownfield network infrastructure sites.
Primarily responsible for leading project management efforts across a team responsible for planning, execution, control and reporting of network infrastructure hardware supply and delivery. Leveraging worldwide teams, you will synchronize hardware supply with site deployments to minimize delays and ensure site deployment readiness.
Working with partners on defining and controlling program scope, creating, and executing to committed schedules, as well as maintaining and reporting out program deliverables across the global team.
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality across the team of processes, including assessment of program delivery capabilities, gathering, and leveraging performance data/metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going deployment progress.
- Enable/drive and support workflow orchestration, and integration efforts whilst enabling systemic automation along with effective data management.
- Lead with outstanding communication, problem solving, analytical and program management skills of large-scale project delivery.
- Coordinate with datacenter operations and engineering teams to improve scalable deployment activity and related performance.
- Responsible for driving down total deployment cycle time with respect to existing conflicts and priorities across supply partners for hardware supply and delivery, carefully balancing delivery quality and managing priorities, taking corrective actions as necessary to meet stated business objectives.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or commensurate technical experience
- Minimum 5 years network infrastructure experience and proven track record of leading large-scale program/project delivery.
- Minimum 3 years people management experience in a similar senior technical program management role.
- Proven track record of leading teams with pragmatic business and engineering tradeoffs to create and deliver business value across large scale projects.
- Demonstrated technical/process problem solving and communication skills with the ability to make sense of ambiguity and drive outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, passion for strategic thinking and problem solving, with the ability to make sense of ambiguity and drive outcomes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with often rapidly changing or ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.