Program Manager 2
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Azure Edge + Platform (E+P) brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure E+P seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and, of course, Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
The Installation Technologies team in E+P provides technology & services critical to deploying Microsoft OSes to a billion+ devices, client to cloud. We touch all customer segments: Consumers, Enterprises, OEMs/ODMs, Education and Developer communities, and our investments span across our Cloud Platform, End-User Platform and Edge Platform. We work on an incredibly diverse set of problem spaces, on both established and new-to-market products. This makes it a challenging, but rewarding, team to work on.
We are looking for a Product Manager to define and deliver innovative new update capabilities for Windows. Our team provides the core platform in Windows used to install updates. We help customers always stay secure, and ensure teams across Windows can deliver innovation and features to all our customers. Your job will be to dream big, and think of creative new ways we can deliver updates that are amazingly fast, reliable, and seamless.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review customer feedback, industry trends, and product strategy to establish update platform needs & requirements.
- Evaluate a vast portfolio of technologies within Windows and apply them in novel ways to deliver amazing update capabilities.
- Work across organizations to ensure these amazing new capabilities can be leveraged in our update pipeline, and adopted by customers.
- Leverage telemetry and other customer signals to ensure features are working as expected and KPIs are being met.
- BS or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Product Management and/or Technical Program Management experience, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with operating system fundamentals (drivers, file systems, app platforms), especially updates or deployment
- Contributed to a software product with a massive established customer base
- Experience with a variety of software development lifecycle approaches
- Proven track record of delivering deeply technical features, working across teams.
- Proven ability to influence and align an engineering team behind a customer-focused vision and deliver against the plan.
Background Check: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.