Principal Product Manager Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you excited about increasing engineering productivity? Do you want to deliver secure services that are performant, reliable and easy to use? Would you like to help Microsoft Windows engineers deliver high quality new features into the hands of its customers faster?
The Edge & Platform Engineering Systems (ES) team supports over 6,000 monthly active internal engineers, enhancing and supporting our Windows operating system. The ES supports the world’s largest git repo (over 340 gigs), which contains more than 8 million source files, and generates around 3 petabytes of data a day by executing more than 3,000 builds.
The ES Build team is looking for a strong Principal Product Manager Lead to lead a team of Product Managers and Technical Program Managers. The team is modernizing our build services, embracing cloud technologies with great experiences, that embrace a shift-left focus providing fantastic build quality signals allowing our customers to do more, faster with high reliability.
The successful candidate will continue to help grow an amazing team, drive customer engagement to build strong scenario understanding and define and oversee execution of our strategy to aid the delivery of a modern build service.
- Model and build a fantastic team culture – a place where people want/love to work.
- Hire and develop a strong team to deliver on customer and business needs.
- Define feature vision and strategy and effectively evangelize and communicate those strategies to stakeholders building excitement and buy-in on desired outcomes.
- Drive feature prioritization, balancing customer and business needs, embracing a customer focused, live site first approach.
- Drive cross discipline/group collaboration, ensuring partner needs are met, and requests are clearly communicated.
- Continue to monitor customer feedback and service telemetry to improve the build experiences.
- BS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent degree.
- 8+ years’ experience in a role meeting with customers or representing customer needs within the business.
- 5+ years’ experience of leading a technical team, hiring top talent, building a great culture and developing team member competencies
- 1+ year experience in working on projects that include cross team collaboration.
- Experience working on or with software development teams.
- The ability to drive vision, planning, prioritization, execution activities.
- Outstanding visual, verbal (story telling), and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good project managements skills for complex, large scale, interdependent engineering systems.
- Good understanding of software supply chain security concerns.
- Basic knowledge of engineering systems and processes at a large scale.
- Experience with build systems.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. #esjobs