Senior Network Engineer - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios is investing in the live multiplayer experience for the next entry in our award winning, billion-dollar Forza franchise. We’re growing our ForzaTech Multiplayer team and are looking for talented C++ engineers passionate about networking and creating memorable multiplayer experiences for our customers.
As part of the ForzaTech Multiplayer team, you will be critical in our mission to provide a truly next generation experience for our customers. You will strengthen the fundamentals of our network replication systems. You will provide tools and debug visualizations to help gameplay engineers write great multiplayer features and monitor their bandwidth utilization. You will optimize our authoritative C++ multiplayer servers and add rich telemetry and monitoring so we can reach new heights of scale and reliability. You’ll partner with our backend services team to inform the next generation of our multiplayer and matchmaking technology stack. Beyond helping us ship great titles at Turn 10, you will also join our global ForzaTech community by collaborating with our partners Playground Games, creators of Forza Horizon 5 and a new Fable title.
- Design and implement new networking and multiplayer features for Forza Motorsport and future titles
- Create debug visualizations, tools, and automated tests to help the gameplay team optimize bandwidth utilization and avoid bugs
- Be a partner and mentor to gameplay engineers as they write network features
- Work closely with our backend services team to deliver a high quality, robust live environment for our players
- Collaborate with fellow ForzaTech users Playground games, creators of Forza Horizon 5 and a new Fable title
- 5+ years of professional C++ development experience
- 3+ years of experience in games industry
- Deep knowledge of networking and gameplay replication
- Experience working on a live multiplayer title
- C# experience
- Experience with matchmaking systems
- Experience with telemetry systems
- Experience with multiplayer backends – containers, deployment, monitoring
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.