Associate Biome Artist - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza franchise are seeking an Associate Biome Artist with an eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning photorealistic biome assets to join our team. In this role, you will use your talents to support our internal and external art teams in the creation of game-ready assets and set dress our tracks with them. You will help review and refine assets to ensure content meets the visual and performance targets of the project. The ideal candidate has a strong artistic background and is a great team collaborator with great communication skills.
- Provide quality control across a variety of assets with concise feedback
- Create high quality models, materials, and prototypes as needed
- Create track and biome assets throughout all stages of production
- Clearly communicate production challenges to Environment Leadership as appropriate
- Create asset specs and documentation detailing best practices for external art production based on project needs
- Support Environment Leadership in making improvements to content pipelines
- Collaborate with internal artists to validate art asset delivery and provide production support
As an Associate Biome Artist you will create stunning photorealistic biome assets for our tracks and environments. You will use your talents to support our internal and external art teams in the creation of game-ready assets and set dress our tracks with them. You will help review and refine assets to ensure content meets the visual and performance targets of the project, research new techniques and keep UpToDate with current industry software and processes. The ideal candidate has a strong artistic background and is a great team collaborator with great communication skills.
- A strong visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, and level creation
- Proficiency with 3DSMax and/or equivalent software
- An eagerness to learn and teach new tools and processes
- Strong communication and time management skills
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality realistic modeling and texturing
- A passion for art, innovation, technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.