Senior Hardware Remediation Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, Mountain View, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high-energy engineers to help achieve that mission.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are seeking a SeniorHardware Quality Remediation Engineer.
#azurehwjobs #CHIE #CHME
- Own/Execute critical Hardware remediations in DC environment and/or in our supply chain – working with stakeholders from Cloud Capacity, Sourcing, Suppliers and DC Operations
- Influence and be the key contributor to decision making processes involving hardware that do not meeting Microsoft requirements, leading the path to a predictable quality outcome.
- Identify opportunities and co-lead quality issue or improvement taskforce to contain, mitigate and resolve the top-quality issues impacting global data centers.
- Have the expertise to strategize process and tools to identify a robust plan for remediation activities and minimize/eliminate impact to the customers
- Collaborate with different various teams (such as design, system engineers, suppliers) to setup the mitigation plan in data center with highest sense of urgency
- Conduct in-depth data analysis to drive strategic business decisions.
- Drive Azure hardware quality improvements, working with the Manufacturing Quality team, through failure analysis, and root cause using a combination of Microsoft and supplier resources.
- Partner across the organization to streamline the processes on how we drive, measure, and execute on manufacturing quality across our Suppliers, EG and DC
- Partner with Leadership and teams to create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Good partners, as we design and collaborate across many teams across the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field of equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or experience
- 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing Operations, New Product Introductions (NPI), or Hardware Engineering
- Expereince ability to developing solutions for complex programs and execute Hardware projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Expereince communicating at Executive leadership levels
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing Operations, New Product Introductions (NPI), Hardware Engineering and – preferably with experience throughout the product lifecycle , including 5+ years of Management experience
- Experience in a technology company, with a proven track record impacting manufacturing process, technology development, or Data Center platform ingredients integration & validation
- Familiar with data center environments, including infrastructure, networking, power distribution, and repair processes and procedures
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.