Cloud Solutions Architect - Business Applications
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Technology for Social Impact (TSI) team is chartered with the mission of bringing the power of technology to every non-profit and humanitarian organization to accelerate Social Good. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, industry solutions, commercial sales efforts, and partner ecosystems to empower non-profits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and investments for Microsoft’s public good investments. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business focused on helping organizations on the front line of change to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
The Partner Innovation team within TSI is looking for a highly capable Cloud Solution Architect to work with partners building solutions for the nonprofit industry with a focus on Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit. Your primary responsibilities will be to work directly with our partner technical teams to understand the business context, plan, design, implement, and launch their solutions.
- Gathers partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs) and leverages these insights and existing plans to map solutions with partner business outcomes.
- Acts as the voice of the partner by driving awareness of existing feedback, insights, and resources with internal teams to add and prioritize.
- Shares partner success stories with the wider internal team.
Identifies and begins developing impactful relationships with internal teams and partner technical specialists during initial preparation and ramp-up stages.
- Proposes viable solutions based on specific technical products.
- Demonstrates complex concepts and proves the capability of those solutions through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Understands how work aligns with customer success plan and meets customer/partner needs by working with internal teams to deliver customer outcomes.
- Supports customer skilling by delivering as a trusted technical advisor to ensure customer readiness by facilitating technical discussions and enabling operational health and cloud readiness. Transfers knowledge to customers to close customer skill gaps.
- Contributes to partner satisfaction by providing a positive partner experience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer/partner conditions of success.
- Identifies dissatisfied partners and builds remedial actions (e.g., post-mortem reviews).
- Actively listens and respectfully challenges partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately.
- Independently identifies issues and advises partners to operate and optimize performance in accordance with Microsoft best practices.
- Escalates issues to senior team members or manager, as needed. Applies methodology and governance to minimize business and technical risks and adhere to quality assurance while ensuring excellence in contributions to design and/or delivery of solutions.
- Adheres to quality assurance standards and calculates risks while ensuring excellence in the design and/or delivery of solutions.
- Leverages standard tools to ensure accurate engagement hygiene.
- Independently works with the partner to identify, determine root causes, and resolve blockers to accelerate consumption and solution implementation (e.g., by application of technical capabilities).
- Identifies non-technical issues and escalates for removal by the appropriate party.
- Applies business and technical knowledge of architecture or other Microsoft solutions to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints. Helps to shape and enhance customers' requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of the products, services, and value propositions of Microsoft and its competitors in customer/partner conversations to assess partner needs and independently identify growth opportunities.
- Leverages an existing architecture approach or reference architecture to propose a solution or achieve Microsoft's Customer Promise. Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate cloud consumption.
- Participates in discussions around architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer/partner usage and consumption.
- Independently consults on technical solution design, development, and deployment and supports the partner throughout implementation to achieve value outcomes and Microsoft's Customer Promise.
- Understands the competitor's architecture solutions and identifies
- Microsoft's strengths over competitive solutions to demonstrate
- Microsoft's value to customers/partners.
- Leverages development opportunities (e.g., mentorships, role-based resources, trainings, internal events such as Ready, Build, Ignite) to learn new technologies and services.
- Shares ideas, insights, and technical input with virtual team members using a working knowledge of specific Microsoft architectures and other relevant products.
- Participates in external technical community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team.
- Supports research projects and contributes to scoping surveys for customers/partners to assess potential intellectual property (IP) needs or process changes.
- Supports identification of opportunities for IP reuse and consumption acceleration.
- Contributes to IP creation and updates by identifying gaps through delivery and communicating those gaps to others (e.g., Leadership, managed intellectual property [MIP], Design, and Governance).
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND solid experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND extensive experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consultingOR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 2+ years experience working on technical projects.
- 2+ years implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.