Software Engineer II
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work on the Core OS that powers all Microsoft products? Are you passionate about improving customer battery life/power consumption/thermals and making applications run faster? Are you passionate about reducing carbon footprint impact from software energy use? Come work on the Core OS Data and Intelligence team in the Azure Edge + Platform org. Our team is responsible for ensuring the fundamentals in the Core OS with a focus on reliability and efficiency.
Our team works on the across hardware partners, OS, Shell, applications, and ecosystem to protect, improve and manage battery life and performance every release across Windows and Devices. The skills that we apply are of a correspondingly broad range, including trace analysis and automated bulk trace processing tools, data pipelines/reports, machine learning and statistical data analysis, OS system design, as well as user- and kernel-mode development. Our work is data-driven with a sharp focus towards achieving excellence.
As a part of the Azure Core OS Data & Intelligence team, you will be responsible for:
- Data analysis at scale potentially including machine learning and visualization
- Data architecture, modeling, and design
- Instrumentation implementation and strategies
- Building and maintaining tools and systems for analyzing and monitoring data.
Required qualifications (need to be quantifiable):
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Math or other technical/engineering field OR 3+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C#, Python, Java or other Object Oriented Language.
- Experience with databases, SQL, data visualization, data warehousing, data mining, or machine learning
- Strong background with systems software and Operating Systems
- Knowledge of power or performance areas
- Strong customer empathy, communication, technical leadership and influencing skills
- Proficient in data analytics techniques: cleaning, transforming, modeling, and visualizing data
- Pattern recognition and statistical analysis skills
- A track-record of contributing to shipping products and having been through more than one development cycle
- Experience with automation frameworks and techniques
- Experience with data-center technologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.