UI Technical Artist - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise, has an exciting opportunity for a UI Technical Artist to join our team. Forza Motorsport boasts a robust UI screen count across many different new and legacy features. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to impact the future of one of the industry’s most successful franchises through your talent, creativity, technical ability and knowledge.
IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
A detail-oriented art content troubleshooter and problem solver who will help deliver industry-leading HUD and front-end UI. While this is not an engineering role, creating real-time UI can be technically complex and we do expect a technically adept artist who can quickly adapt to in-house tools and script environments.
Turn 10 Studios is located in Redmond (Washington), just outside of Seattle. The Seattle area is a major hub for the tech and gaming industries. With beautiful mountain ranges, diverse wildlife, great hiking/biking trails, and a thriving arts culture, Seattle offers a variety of options to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Implement complex UI screens for interactive game features including data driven dynamic layouts, animations and transitions
- Troubleshoot UI artist issues with tooling and content authoring pipelines
- Contribute to and maintain a visual library of Sketch components for application to UI screens
- Work in a dynamic team environment with a mix of developers, designers and other technical UI artists to deliver in-game UI screens
- Recommend improvements to UI content workflows through acquiring deep knowledge of our UI content data flow, tooling and rendering techniques
- Benchmark, debut and optimize UI content assets, balancing visuals and performance
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with one or more major UI creation platforms such as HTML5, Flash, Sketch, Blend, Unity/Unreal
- Portfolio that demonstrates examples of problem solving and content creation across a variety of projects, preferably with a UI leaning
- Experience shipping content with limited performance budget
- Interest in accessibility and multi-platform scalable UI preferred
- BS/BA in Graphic Design, User Interface, Art, Computer Science or a related field
- Passion and experience in AAA gaming
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.