Cloud Solution Architect - Modern Work
Location: Issaquah, Washington
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
A key part of the Worldwide Customer Success Organization(CSO) is Support for Mission Critical (SfMC) that deliver customer success by bringing together specialized skills in partnership with Account-Aligned Delivery and the six solutions areas – Azure Data & AI, Azure Infra, Security, Digital & Application Innovation, Modern Work and Business Applications (formerly Dynamics).
The worldwide SfMC team helps assure customers of their return on investment when they need it most; during production, real-world operations. The customers’ Microsoft Unified Support base services are extended with support for high priority workloads through SfMC, and cover everything from product break/fix all the way to Cloud scale Azure solution support, emphasis is placed on solution health and proactive intervention - if you see yourself as more fire preventer than fire fighter, this might be the right place for you!
Microsoft is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect - Modern Work for the ATZ SfMC team within CSO. Preferred candidates will have a strong mix of technical experience and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology & process knowledge and the ability to provide solution leadership for the business both internal to Microsoft as well as customers.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Support the sales motion and value proposition, driving Unified Consumed Revenue (UCR) and cloud adoption
- Partner with Global Black Belts and Support Sales to drive solutions leading to successful customer outcomes
- Develop and drive execution of the CSO business and technical strategy in collaboration with appropriate parties
- Drive discovery sessions with customers to define goals, scope and ultimately estimates for services
- Review the conceptual design, costing, and contracting tenets of proposed solutions for consistency, innovation content, and deliverability
- Effective practice execution, demonstrating executive maturity as part of a high performing team
- Act as project technical leader to key customers as required by the business
- Provide technical oversight to engagements and provide assistance and oversight for recovery of select critically troubled engagements. Help ensure that required technical and business criteria are met on critical projects
- Build solution credibility with our customers by helping them to understand our capability, capacity and quality
- Drive customer satisfaction, ensuring initial customer expectations and conditions of satisfaction are set and met
- Cross-team orchestration and collaboration, including Account teams, Sales teams, Consulting Services, Operations, and support
- Drive the appropriate Premier Core Billed (PCB), New Work Sold (NWS), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and other business metrics and KPI’s as assignments dictate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a consulting or services environment
- 3+ years minimum supporting services sales including project envisioning, planning, and scoping of work effort
- 3+ years minimum experience in one or more of Azure technologies with demonstrable technical depth
- Demonstrated understanding of Business and IT strategy and principled approach to broad architectural challenges and opportunities
- Ability to move between executive value conversations, high level architectural review/design and tactical work of delivering service
- Ability to contribute to sales and people operations in a reliable manner, from account planning and sales engagement, through delivery to customer satisfaction and renewal, with an uncompromising focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Strong organizational skills, ability to collaborate and orchestrate across multi-organizational physical and virtual resources and initiatives
- Solid understanding of Microsoft’s Enhanced Support Services offerings, as well as key solutions and services such as Azure, Cloud, Platform & Productivity, Business Analytics, Devices & Mobility
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex environments
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the competitive marketplace for enhanced support solutions
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to mesh well with customer decision makers, by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of Microsoft’s vision and value proposition
- Travel is a part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Potential for 15-25% travel, including international, will be required of the selected candidate
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects.
Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications)
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129,800 - 194,800 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.