Technology Specialist-Security & Compliance
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Irving, Texas, Mountain View, California, New York, New York, San Jose, California, Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, being diverse and inclusive and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you love working with Startups to achieve their business outcomes? In this role, you will become part of the next generation of technical leaders at Microsoft. With the aid of best-in-class sales processes, techniques and technologies, you will be empowered to shape relationships for a strategic set of Microsoft's startups. You will serve as the technical point of contact for the startups across engagements helping to drive Microsoft's existing cloud & enterprise consumption. This senior role will partner closely with our Microsoft for Startups teams and programs as well as additional members in Engineering, Marketing, Partners, Finance and Legal, Business Desk, across Microsoft.
This is a unique opportunity for a bold, customer oriented, strategic thinker to help identify unique prospects and execute Microsoft cloud deals that drive significant publicity, competitive share, and revenue for the Microsoft Azure platform. This team at Microsoft is at the leading edge of our business and one of the fastest growing and most exciting groups in the Company. We operate like a “startup” within Microsoft and the team driving this initiative is incredibly entrepreneurial and high-performance. Senior leaders across Microsoft are making an incredible commitment to this initiative and we are rapidly scaling this program, looking for new talent to join our rapidly expanding team.
Security has never been more top of mind for governments and businesses, and Microsoft Security Solution is committed to keeping nations and citizens secure in an increasingly complex cyber landscape. As the largest security company in the world, we are ideally placed to think outside the box to help our customers make the world a safer place. Following a year of incredible success, we are excited to be expanding our team with ambitious, diversified, and driven new talent, eager to make a difference in the fight against cybercrime. We are keen to hear your thoughts on how we can further achieve our purpose. Join our team and discover unique opportunities to grow, develop and learn.
As a Security & Compliance Technical Specialist, you will work within a virtual team of sales, technical, partner and consulting resources to enhance the team capabilities for extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security as well as Microsoft Purview portfolio empowering our customers to protect, govern, and safeguard their sensitive data while also managing regulatory compliance requirements and maintaining customer & employee privacy. Being part of this team will allow you to strengthen both your consultative selling skills as well as your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security & compliance solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies. You will make impact by helping clients secure their organizations.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
- Help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT Solutions based on Microsoft online services and solutions.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for the Microsoft 365 suite, with a focus on Security, Compliance.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft online services and solutions.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft 365 suite, with a focus on Security, Compliance.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Represent the Microsoft Culture
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 6+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field AND 6+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience
- Certification in Microsoft Security Ops Analyst Associate(SC-200) and/or Cybersecurity Architect expert(SC-100) within 6 months of start date
- Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including areas such as endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance .
- 2-6+ years of related security experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS)
- Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Experience with cloud-based productivity, collaboration and communications solution designs, migrations and management of technology.
- Certification in Microsoft Security Ops Analyst Associate(SC-200) and/or Cybersecurity Architect expert(SC-100)
- Certification in the following preferred : CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation) and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for communications solutions required.
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning. An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- This role can be located in any city in the USA although Redmond, WA is preferred location
- The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148000 and $222000.
- At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
- Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.