Principal Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about user experience? Windows is where we connect with people, it’s where we learn, work, and play. If you want to work on Windows experiences and unlock the creative and productive potential of customers, come talk to us! We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to innovate and deliver experiences that help our customers do more with Windows by growing the best of Microsoft’s services on Windows via thoughtful, deep product integration. As a product creator, you will focus on creating and optimizing user experiences, drive experiments to evolve and innovate features, and deliver features that people love. Being part of this team is an excellent opportunity for career growth - working with design, marketing, engineering, and partner teams across Microsoft building your collaboration, communication, and leadership capabilities.
This position requires excellent collaboration, communication, and leadership capabilities. You will have a passion for taking on hard problems, have demonstrated experience as a creative problem solver, and have an enthusiasm for helping others succeed. To be successful, you will need solid design skills, technical capacity, customer focus, the ability to think critically and come up with solutions to problems and new opportunities, and an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive growth strategy through hypothesis driven experimentation. Also, as a member of our team and contributor to its culture, you will foster an agile and collaborative environment where all are heard and welcome.
- Lead a group of Data Science, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and other PM peers across core UX and other products on Windows to innovate, design, spec, and build solutions that align to customer needs and drive volume and growth for key Windows user experiences and Microsoft businesses.
- Build and drive broad experimentation strategy, program, and best practices that will scale to the broader organization and help others adopt.
- Drive innovation based on data analytics, user research, and experimentation to generate insights and make decisions.
- Build hypothesis-based experiment plans (e.g., observation, A/B, precode); define audience, success metrics and guardrails; conduct experiment; analyze results; and iterate appropriately.
- Grow your partnering skills by engaging with a diverse set of teams to produce end-to-end experiences across product boundaries, ensuring clarity and alignment on goals, metrics, approach / plans, results, and next steps.
- 7+ years of product management or program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science, or related industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated cross-team collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated success driving strategic partner engagements and ability to take a complex and ambiguous problem and deliver concrete and compelling solutions.
- Experience with A/B experimentation and experimentation platforms.
- Understanding of software development and engineering systems.
- Experience with UX platform-level code that enables coherent experiences across the OS, apps, and other Microsoft products on Windows.
- Demonstrates growth mindset and can-do, while learning and establishing new approaches.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.