Group Finance Manager, MCAPS
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Industry Partner & Sales organization is accountable for leveraging deep industry and technical expertise to enable sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, customized industry solutions and services, built on a secure, integrated cloud platform, to empower our customers to digitally transform their businesses. It’s no longer just about one simple software solution; it’s about creating a connected, secure, efficient, and scalable digital ecosystem.
Our team culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, inclusive workplaces, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
This Group Finance Manager will be an integral member of the WW Enterprise & Industry Finance team, driving deep insights and analysis to influence business decision making in close partnership with our Industry business leaders. This is a unique opportunity to partner with Industry decision makers in a role that spans from monthly revenue performance to SLT level strategy reviews.
Our team values the following sets of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Deep analytical and reporting capabilities which includes leveraging internal Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools and other financial systems
- Passion to solve problems, working at multiple altitudes, from strategic and high-level framing to detailed analysis
- A growth mindset to continue to sharpen our approach to new business challenges
- Cross-Group Collaboration:
- Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and v-team effort
- Strong partnering capabilities, influencing others without direct authority and appropriately pushing back when required
- Project management:
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Industry Solutions Growth & Strategy team leaders to evaluate Industry growth drivers, support investment business cases, develop performance metrics, analysis to recommend account targeting, and identify risks/opportunities.
- Provide analytics to influence business decision making. Core accountabilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expert for Industry trends and performance, including analytics down to the customer level to evaluate the effectiveness of sales strategies and to make actionable recommendations
- Support monthly and quarterly Financial Planning & Analysis core deliverables – including analysis of priority Solution Area go-to-market motions by Industry
- Analyze priority scenario and sales play adoption and identify repeatable patterns that scale could scale to accounts across the Industry
- Ad hoc, project-based analytics to support various business initiatives
- Support regular Senior Leadership Team and Industry Quartet reviews covering Industry strategy, performance and investments
- Field training and enablement – help our Enterprise field controllers and their business partners understand performance with standardized reporting & metrics, benchmarking analysis, and partner performance. Provide training, facilitate best practice sharing, solicit input and provide centralized support
- Driven, self-starter capable of effectively prioritizing and operating with a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proven ability to partner, build trust, communicate with and influence senior executives; ability to make the complex simple and influence through effective story telling
- Team player - must have the ability to manage across organizational boundaries, influence others and build on the work of others
- Proven expertise with complex financial modeling and analysis such as trend/time series analysis, regression, correlation, benchmarking, cohort analysis, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Proficiency combining, structuring and mining large volumes of data from disparate sources using tools such as SQL, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Expert Excel user familiar with advanced functions and charting capabilities
- 7+ years of demonstrated work experience in financial analysis and ideally in the IT industry
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 8+ years post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 6+ years post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.