Cloud Solution Architecture OPEX, Microsoft Global Partner Solutions
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced Partner Cloud Solution Architect, with extensive Business Apps (Dynamics) experience to join our dynamic team of Architects that are always striving to be better.
If you have previous development/architecture experience with Dynamics 365 Workloads and Microsoft’s Power Platform, have a passion building new innovative solutions, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the Digital Transformation journey, we’d like to speak with you!
Successful Cloud Solution Architects are lifelong learners with a strong technical pedigree, an evangelist and enabler by nature. They must have a strong technical network to drive technical influence inside the partner ecosystem, frequently recognized as a valuable influencer and expert inside the community. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility, and the drive to create real and measurable business results.
Through our partners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products. As such, we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join the Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPSUS) Tech Team as a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) for Business Apps. Joining the GPSUS team as a CSA means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity. Working in GPSUS means you are shaping the world’s largest eco-system of technology companies working to digitally transform the world’s most innovative companies, large and small.
The GPSUS Tech Team is uniquely positioned to help accelerate that vision by delivering transformational app experiences that drive the ecosystem through our partners. We have a tremendous opportunity for a talented, highly technical individual who is not only an expert in building great solutions but loves helping others learn and upskill to do the same. Is this you?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of the GPSUS organization working on an initiative focused on solution building Microsoft’s software and services partners. You’ll be working on a team of functional and solution architects that help our key partners create new, innovative solution with Dynamics 365 technologies. This team will drive a significant impact with our partners by helping our partner create new solutions and update existing solutions with new technologies across the entire Microsoft stack.
Microsoft welcomes and embraces your individuality! The ideal candidate for the CSA role can come in many forms. This individual is someone who is passionate about technology and one who possesses a strong subset or combination of the requirements listed below. We also embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity, and you’ll have flexibility to work from different locations, such as your home office, Microsoft offices around the country, or customer sites.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
- Gathers customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs, competitive landscape), and maps architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business outcomes. Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by driving new feedback, insights, and resources across internal teams to add and prioritize. Represents the customer/partner to internal teams (e.g., Engineering) to shape products and services by providing insights across the territory. Advocates for the customer/partner at all opportunities and shares customer success stories with the wider internal team.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders. Receives and synthesizes data about customer/partner business and technical requirements, addresses them with technical architecture(s), and demonstrates and proves those solutions' capability and value through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner. Understands how work aligns with customer success plan and meets customer/partner needs by partnering with the appropriate internal teams and resources to deliver customer outcomes. Supports customer skilling by delivering as a trusted technical advisor to ensure customer readiness by facilitating technical discussions and enabling operational health and cloud readiness. Assesses and transfers knowledge to close customer skill gaps.
- Guides other team members to focus on customer/partner experience through efficient delivery. Supports definition of customer/partner conditions of success. Anticipates customer/partner dissatisfaction and unmet needs and executes strategies to improve experience, value realization, and acceleration of customer transformation.
- Actively listens and respectfully challenges customers/partners when going in the wrong direction, presents insights and alternatives, and takes action appropriately.
- Identifies and anticipates issues and advises customers/partners to operate and optimize performance in accordance with Microsoft best practices. Adapts methodology and applies governance to identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks. Adheres to quality assurance standards and calculates risks while ensuring excellence in the design and/or delivery of solutions. Leverages standard tools to ensure accurate engagement hygiene.
- Drives customer/partner relationships to anticipate, identify, escalate, and work to resolve technical blockers to accelerate consumption and solution implementations (e.g., by application of technical capabilities). Routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party. Applies broad business and technical knowledge across various architecture or other Microsoft solutions to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints. Shapes and enhances customers' requirements.
- Proactively uses knowledge of the products, services, and value propositions of Microsoft and its competitors in customer/partner conversations to identify growth opportunities based on knowledge of customer/partner needs. Contributes to increase in consumption and aligns with Customer Success Account Management or other Account Team members on customer/partner priorities to drive growth in consumption via cost optimization, operational excellence performance efficiency, and security. Drives architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer/partner usage and consumption. Ensures that the customer/partner's application has as few points of failure as possible. Consults and provides thought leadership for technical solution design, development, and deployment and supports the customer/partner throughout implementation to achieve value outcomes and Microsoft's Customer Promise.
- Understands industry trends and the competitor's architecture solutions and identifies Microsoft's strengths over competitive solutions to drive conversations with customers/partners and convince them of solution.
- Learns new technologies or services as advised by leadership team. Aligns professional skill development with role success guidance and manager guidance. Role models effective technical readiness. Acts as a mentor and role model to junior colleagues to educate them on technical and non-technical concepts. Participates in development opportunities (e.g., Ready, Build, Ignite).
- Shares ideas, insights, and strategic technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft using a thorough knowledge of specific Microsoft products and their context in the competitive landscape. Participates in external technical community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team.
- Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners. Drives opportunities for IP reuse, best practice sharing, and consumption acceleration. Proactively identifies gaps through delivery and communicating those gaps to others (e.g., Leadership, managed intellectual property [MIP], Design, and Governance). Applies subject matter expertise to develop new IP that fills identified gaps.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years of experience with Dynamics 365 (D365).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects.
Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $110,400 and $202,600.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.