Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Core OS Media Platform team in Azure E+P is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) Lead to provide technical leadership, develop a strong team, and align and prioritize the technical platform requirements with the evolving needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will be customer-obsessed, love taking on new challenges, and will blend a strong technical background, solid program management skills, attention to detail and a growth mindset. They will have demonstrated strong teambuilding and leadership abilities, have delivered large cross-functional programs, and have a proven ability to deliver great results, while sustaining and enhancing our collaborative and inclusive team culture.
Our team works closely with many internal partner teams and external partner companies to deliver the foundational platform for great media experiences across almost every business at Microsoft, including devices, web browsers, productivity apps, and gaming. Our partners are household name companies with products and services that you use every day.
As a Principal TPM Lead, you'll develop our near-term plans and long-term strategy, manage partner relationships, and lead a team of Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to deliver and measure the success of our key business objectives.
Both remote work and on-site candidates will be considered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team delivering the core media platform for Microsoft devices and applications through empowerment and accountability
- Coordinate with our industry partners to bring up the next generation of audio and video silicon
- Ensure that we have the right processes to deliver high quality drivers to Microsoft devices to drive high customer satisfaction
- Meet with customers, partners, and stakeholders to develop a roadmap for features and APIs
- Work with partners across the company to deliver media features such as audio enhancement technology and media frameworks for multiple customer scenarios
- Contribute to our teamwide roadmap for audio and video feature innovation
- 6+ years of technical program management, program management, or product management experience, or equivalent experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross team projects
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/PM in an environment focused on operating systems or low-level API's
- 4+ years experience demonstrating cross-group collaboration skills
- 10+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis or product development
- 8+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross team projects
- 4+ years of people management experience
- 3+ year(s) experience reading and/or writing code (e.g., sample documentation, product demos).
- Experience building OS APIs or building low-level frameworks using OS APIs
- Experience working across companies
- Experience building media and audio applications
- Experience developing strategy and high-level roadmaps to support desired business outcomes
- Proven track record of project management for large scale, highly secure, high-quality software solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.