Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation team (CO+I) is the team behind the Microsoft’s Cloud infrastructure and is responsible for innovating, planning designing, building, and operating one of the largest datacenter fleets in the world. We support product teams by providing the secure and compliant, cost efficient and highly available global infrastructure that Microsoft’s customers depend on. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency and a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
To keep up with rapidly changing customer and business demands, CO+I is looking for a world class program manager who can lead complex changes to our global portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, has an ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and a desire to help shape the overall business. You will lead multiple simultaneous large-scale initiatives with a balance of technical leadership and strong business judgement. Customer empathy and relentless drive to help customers feel more confident in our cloud services are key attributes for being successful.
As an ideal candidate, you are a solution-oriented person with a combination of deep business and planning-related domain expertise and an analytical mindset. You must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to develop creative engineering solutions to drive changes in our complex and rapidly growing Cloud Infrastructure. This role requires familiarity with the breadth of Microsoft’s online services, strong program management skills, analytical fluency, ability to work with both business and engineering teams as well as an instinct for and appreciation of the needs of multiple business and engineering stakeholders.
If you are looking for a high paced, high impact, high visibility role, the Program Manager role may be what you are looking for.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Support of key portfolio programs to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness of our leased portfolio
- Work closely with stakeholders on key program initiatives, to develop and implement procedures and systems that continually improve and streamline the operation and management of program
- Establish a results-oriented, metrics-driven programmatic approach to strategic initiatives to develop improvements and efficiencies of our leased portfolio, working closely with the Portfolio leads
- Creation of internal reporting and metrics to internal teams to enable the business to manage pipeline and business performance
- Drive data governance and integrity
- Define best practices and improvements that drive long-term, integrated, cross-business solutions and roadmaps that improve business performance and mitigate risk
- Drives simplification and automation to evolve processes, services, and solutions, to increase agility and efficiencies and lower costs.
- Be a key part of a world class program management team that regularly and successfully delivers complex, impactful, and visible infrastructure projects and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (e.g., Business, Real Estate, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science) AND 3+ years’ experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management and delivery, or business-related roles OR equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in construction or datacenter infrastructure management
- Good understanding of commercial leases and real estate management
- Experience with contracts managing critical environments
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.)
- Familiarity with change management methodologies & ability to support solution adoption across the organization
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication, ability to interact with diverse groups across multiple organizational levels
- Creative problem-solving & analytical skills to drive keen insights and understand root causes combined with a “sense of urgency” to develop solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.