Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft, we are on a mission to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
Come join us on our journey as we build, grow, and expand the Minecraft universe. The Production Director, Central Creative will lead a talented group of Producers in Redmond, WA to help define our future as we scale our team and expand our franchise. You will be responsible for developing and driving operational workflows that are highly efficient and result driven. You will develop, maintain, and drive cross functional workflows, complete with standards and milestones, that enable the Central Creative team, internal stakeholders, and external partners to scale and meet studio objectives. This is a highly collaborative, cross-functional role that requires strong communication skills and the ability to understand the diverse needs of the Central Creative team and internal partners.
Reporting to the Creative Director, Franchise Expansion, success will require you to be the bridge between Creative Leads and internal stakeholders, ensuring transparency across resourcing capabilities, scalability, and ability to meet objectives. You are a passionate and creative problem-solver and believe there is no problem that cannot be solved. You possess the natural ability to quickly predict and identify operational gaps and can pivot just as swiftly. You are excited about the opportunity to create authentic and innovative ideas that enhance and extend the Minecraft experience.
- Capable of proactively analyzing studio performance through data turning it into actionable initiatives to improve overall performance of studio
- Lead and develop operational workflow, identify operational gaps to drive scalability and achieve studio objectives in partnership with Creative Leads and internal stakeholders
- Establish processes that enable cross functional collaboration, strategic workflows, data driven research, inclusive ideation, design iteration, and production workflows
- Develop the culture, mentorship, performance, and growth of your team to maximize potential and ensure operational excellence
- Have an eye for design and creative output that aligns with the Minecraft Brand. Consistently maintains and aligns the game brand values and integrity across strategic and creative output
- Exceptional organizational skills that allow you to juggle a multitude of cross functional initiatives
- Effective communicator with the ability to break down complex issues into easily digestible reports
- Develops outsourcing strategies to ensure Central Creative, external partners, and internal stakeholders are set up for success
- 8+ years of design firm, production studio, game studio, creative services team, or advertising agency industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Producer/PM
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience with implementing and managing large complex digital asset management tools
- Experience implementing and driving operational studio wide reporting on a regular cadence
- Experience managing studio wide project slates
- Ability to consistently develop clarity in ambiguous and disorderly situations
- Ability to translate complex cross functional processes into approachable and repeatable workflow streams
In the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.