Cloud Solution Architect - App Innovation
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
In the Customer Success team we are looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success. As a Cloud Solution Architect you will enable customers to achieve their outcomes, based on their investments in Microsoft technology. Leveraging your technical subject matter expertise you will lead technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments, including identifying resolutions to issues blocking customer success projects.This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your technical and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise.
As a Cloud Solution Architect – App Innovation you will specialize in one of the following categories: Dev Advocate or Low Code,depending on your experience.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Cloud Solution Architect - Digital & App Innovation professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Customer Satisfaction: Drive positive Customer Satisfaction, and become a trusted advisor to customers and partners, by leveraging category expertise to enable defined Customer Success Plan outcomes. You will actively listen and respectfully challenge to drive the best outcomes.
- Customer/Partner Insights: Provide feedback & insights from customers/partners back to the relevant MS teams including Product Groups, to enable continuous improvement.
- Consumption (Cloud & Support) growth: Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with technical decision makers to ensure they understand Microsoft's value proposition and get value from their investment in the Microsoft technology.
- Resolution of Customer Blockers: Identify resolutions to issues blocking go-live of customer success projects by leveraging category technical subject matter expertise. Lead the technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments. Deliver all work according to MS best practices & policies and using repeatable IP.
- Learn It All: Demonstrate Self Learner mindest through continuous alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and Customer Success goals.
- Accelerate customer outcomes: Engage in relevant communities to share expertise, contribute to IP creation, priotitize IP re-sure and learn from others to help accelerate your customers transformation journey.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Prior project experience:
- Low Code:
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with Microsoft Power Platform, architecture capabilities, implementation requirements, integrations, and future roadmap.
- Deep domain expertise on application development best practices and DevOps, especially as it relates to no-code/low-code development.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Power Apps, SharePoint and Teams.
- Experience in mapping business processes to Power Platform and Azure product capability and solution areas.
- Understanding of application integration technologies is preferred.
Knowledge of other Low code development platforms - Appian, Pega, Mendix, Google App maker, Salesforce lightning and OutSystems.
- Low Code:
- Dev Advocate:
- Software design, development and deployment for Web application server technologies, Cloud applications, mobile (Android, iOS), Linux, Windows.
- DevOps practices, including continuous planning/Agile, CI/CD, quality and security and one of the DevOps tool chains (i.e, Azure DevOps, GitHub).
- Programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Python.
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration
Experience using integrated development environments (e.g., Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS, Google).
- Understanding of Low code platform and technologies such as Power Apps.
- Dev Advocate:
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization and collaborating with sales teams.
- 4+ years of experience driving architecture with either internal lines-of-business or external customers.
- 4+ years of experience building enterprise architectures and influencing business outcomes.
- Architecture design: Apply design thinking methodology to construct architectures that drive value for the customer, incorporating policies, governance, and customer systems into the overall framework.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $96,000 to $194,800.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.