Partner Development Manager, Recruit - Cross Industry
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission and it is the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that drives the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The ISV Partner Development Manager - Recruit (PDM-R) is an important contributor to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the GPS Organization. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. GPS leads this effort in recruiting new partners, building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to our joint customers.
The role US ISV PDM-R will be recruiting and managing partners for our Cloud Platforms across the United States. The PDM-R will identify, qualify, engage, and drive strategic partnerships and solutions on the Microsoft’s Cloud Platforms. With these new partners and solutions on the Microsoft Cloud Platform, we can better provide the right partner, at the right time, to solve customer business challenges.
The PDM-R represents Microsoft to these partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications leading to solution area/industry-based co-sell.
- Recruits new partners and leverages current partners to grow business. Interacts with partners and key decision makers to identify new opportunities to sell Microsoft products and services.
- Identifies, engages, onboards, and qualifies complex partners with new solutions to expand Microsoft’s platform.
- Uses a variety of strategies to convey the value of partnering with Microsoft over competitors based on partner business. Combats competition throughout the selling and account management lifecycle.
- Sells account vision to decision makers and complex partners by aligning overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner's business goals.
- Identifies market opportunities based on industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Leverages internal competitive intelligence to identify opportunities aligned with business goals. Reaches out to industry leads for assistance as appropriate.
- Engages partners and develops a trusted-advisor relationship with partners to establish strategic alignment and drive growth. Understands and aligns partners' priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans.
- Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for all managed partners that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation. Develops plans that fully
consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Leverages the understanding of benefits of training, tailors training recommendations to partners on relevant topics, and describes financial benefits associated with the training to assist with partner readiness.
- Participates in internal and external events as a Microsoft representative to learn about partner business, build a strong professional network, and maintain up-to-date awareness of industry and competitors.
Solution and Services
- Work with partners to identify and transform their plans and strategies around solutions and services. Provides guidance to partners on launching applications or other products including monitoring and troubleshooting applications.
- Proactively leverages collaboration to drive business. Assembles and leads cross-functional virtual internal teams (e.g., category, surface, specialist sales, marketing) to guide partners and to develop comprehensive business plans based on partner needs and Microsoft sales goals.
- Works with technical teams to build solutions or services, and demonstrate proof of concept (POC). Leverages technical resources at Microsoft for technical information and to evaluate partner products and services. Aligns technical resources to bring business value to the partner.
- Leverages internal resources to develop go-to-market and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing go-to-market strategies.
- Supports partner readiness by developing marketing plans to generate customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions). Secures marketing resources (e.g., go-to-market offers) to assist partners with developing marketing plans.
- Evaluates managed partner portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in partner accounts. Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which partners can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns partner needs and interests with market opportunities.
- Leverages tools (e.g., One Commercial Partner [OCP], Customer Relations Management [CRM], Partner Impact Number [PIN]) to update account information and maintain account hygiene and account activities.
- Analyzes business metrics and performance data (e.g., return on investment [ROI]) to ensure targets are being met and to identify areas for growth.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 1+ year(s) partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) and Public Cloud Platforms
- 3+ years of partner management or business development
- Demonstrated experience driving executive level relationships and negotiations
- Display a proven ability to manage partnership/sales opportunities and/or deals through communicating and collaborating with others and leveraging resources and tools
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $112,600 to $146,400
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.