Cloud Solution Architect - Modern Work
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will enable customers to achieve their outcomes, based on their investments in Microsoft technology. Leveraging your Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure OR Microsoft 365 and Unified Communications technical subject matter expertise you will lead technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments, including identifying resolutions to issues blocking customer success projects. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your technical and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise.
As a Cloud Solution Architect - Modern Work you will specialize in one of the following categories: Modern Work or Converged Communications,depending on your experience.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Cloud Solution Architect - Modern Work professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Customer Satisfaction - Drive positive Customer Satisfaction, and become a trusted advisor to customers and partners, by leveraging M365 Enterprise Services (Modern Work - Exchange online, SharePoint Online, Azure AD, Endpoint Mgmt Security & Compliance, Teams, Phones, Rooms) or Unified Communications (Teams Phone, Rooms, Devices) expertise to enable defined Customer Success Plan outcomes. You will actively listen and respectfully challenge to drive the best outcomes.
- Customer/Partner Insights: Provide feedback & insights from customers/partners back to the relevant MS teams including Product Groups, to enable continuous improvement.
- Consumption (Cloud & Support) growth: Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with technical decision makers to ensure they understand Microsoft's M365 value proposition and get value from their investment in the Microsoft technology.
- Resolution of Customer Blockers: Identify resolutions to issues blocking go-live of customer success projects by leveraging deep knowledge of M365 services OR deep knowledge of Teams, Phone, and voice services & technical subject matter expertise. Lead the technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments. Deliver all work according to MS best practices & policies and using repeatable IP.
- Learn It All: Demonstrate Self Learner mindset through continuous alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and Customer Success goals.
- Accelerate customer outcomes: Engage in relevant communities to share expertise, contribute to IP creation, prioritize IP re-sure and learn from others to help accelerate your customers transformation journey.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Deep knowledge of solution architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of Cloud and/or hybrid messaging/collaboration/unified environments.
Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Microsoft Azure fundamentals, M365 fundamentals. Cloud Security, Teams Administration, SharePoint Certifications.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following M365 solutions: Microsoft Teams, Teams Phone & Rooms, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online & Viva platform, Power Platform Solutions, Windows & Cloud Endpoint, Identity and Access, Management, Information Protection, Governance & Risk Management, Compliance Management.
- Ability to understand business requirements and customer problems and solve them through cloud technologies required.
- Technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required.
- Experience in leading the planning, design, presentation, and implementation of solutions to meet customer, business, and technical objective.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $96,000 to $194,800.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.