Technical Specialist - Security
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Security has never been more top of mind for governments and businesses, and Microsoft Security Solution is committed to keeping nations and citizens secure in an increasingly complex cyber landscape. As the largest security company in the world, we are ideally placed to think outside the box to help our customers make the world a safer place. Following a year of incredible success, we are excited to be expanding our team with ambitious, diversified, and driven new talent, eager to make a difference in the fight against cybercrime. We are keen to hear your thoughts on how we can further achieve our purpose. Join our team and discover unique opportunities to grow, develop and learn.
You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision, allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft Security or Compliance sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies.
As a Technical Specialist - Security you will specialize in one of the following categories: Security or Compliance, depending on your expertise.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Technical Specialist - Security professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Scale Customer Engagements:
- Security Specialist: Remediates blockers; leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Security and adjacent technologies. Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently; builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Microsoft Security; and searches for and uses Microsoft Security customer references.
- Compliance Specialist: Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently, builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Information Protection and Compliance solutions, remediates blockers, searches for and uses customer references, leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Purview and adjacent technologies; proactively engages product teams to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
- Scale Through Partners: Engages in partner sell-with scenarios and supports partner technical capacity.
- Build Strategy: Contributes to Microsoft Security strategy development, shapes strategic win plan and tailors Microsoft messaging to audience for security opportunities. Enhances team capabilities for extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security and develops compete strategies for Microsoft Security for assigned customers.
- Solution Design & Proof: Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations, presents and applies architecture patterns, proves capabilities and integration into customer environment, and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft solutions for Security or Compliance. Coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer security needs.
- Security Specialist: Builds their own readiness plan and grows extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor for Microsoft Security, its integration with other Microsoft products & services, and Microsoft Security solutions generally; and increases internal virtual teams' understanding of extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space solutions and new opportunities.
- Compliance Specialist: Builds own readiness plan, grows Compliance domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor in the Compliance solution area, increasing internal virtual teams' understanding of Compliance solutions and new opportunities; monitors and responds to internal tech community posts and acts as a mentor within technology area.
- 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience.
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Applicable workload/line of business expertise with one or more of the following: technical and business process presales, post-sales consulting or relevant company/customer IT application implementation or management.
- Domain experience in Microsoft Security and/or Compliance products OR competitive experience.
Prior work experience
- Driving and designing a solution strategy as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle.
- Identifying, driving and successfully landing pipeline and customer solutions in collaboration with sales leaders and team members.
- Extensive collaboration with technical pursuit teams designing cloud-based customer solutions.
- Success working with customers/stakeholders in presales or consulting engagements related to business applications workloads.
- Proven success demonstrating differentiated solution value and competitive advantage.
- Delivering customer-facing technical workload demonstrations to enterprise decision makers.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $96,000 to $194,800.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.