Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
More than ever before, cloud services are transforming the way the world does business. As you’ve probably heard, Microsoft is committed to being cloud-first, and with several multi-billion dollar services already serving the needs of individuals and organizations all over the globe, the opportunity to shape the future has never been greater!
We are looking for Software Engineers to help design and implement scenarios for our customers. You would receive significant mentoring and coaching as you help prioritize and unblock work for our big government sovereign environments.
- Design and automate service scale features and customer requirements
- Design and implement improvements to our security posture and compliance automation
- Be part of a Dev-Ops team that handles and remediates customer issues
- Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
- Contribute to significantly improving the security rigor of our system to be best-in-world
- 1+ year of engineering experience or systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or equivalent experience
- Software development experience using C#, Java, C++, or C
- PowerShell or other scripting technologies (Python, GO..)
- Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components.
- Awareness & passion related to cloud scale monitoring and big-data analysis.
- Familiar with secure software design concepts
- Familiar with security related configurations such as encryption or authentication mechanisms
- Proven track record of delivering projects that include multiple components
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple engineering teams to achieve business goals
Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.