Digital Technology Specialist Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Houston, Texas, Irving, Texas, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation and business goals by helping customers with Microsoft solutions and partners. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed and scale customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology including big data and analytics. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers realize value from the Microsoft Cloud across customer solution areas like Modern Work, Security, Business Applications, Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Application Innovation.
Are you inspired to help customers empower their employees, maximize the employee experience, and do great work using the devices and apps they love? We are looking for someone to help customers who are undergoing significant changes to the way they work as we continue to shift into a truly hybrid work model. Microsoft is at the forefront of this transformation come and help organizations rethink aspects of their business in a way that sets them and their people up for success in this new world of work.
Microsoft Technical Specialist Managers build, develop and lead teams of Technical Specialists to identify and win over the technical decision maker in the Business and IT department of our Enterprise Customers. You and your team will drive technical decisions at the customer that helps them achieve Business value with the Microsoft Platform, and thereby secure long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft. As a Technical Specialist Manager, you will be a key leader to helping customers embrace and succeed through digital transformation.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- You build and grow high performing teams through talent management, diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development. You are a respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop the most technical resources in the field. You Inspire and foster a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use through collaboration with peers and extended teams. You will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
Scale Customer Engagements:
- You will enable and empower team to influence customer decisions and ensure technical wins by streamlining processes and managing the flow of wins, leveraging deep knowledge of processes, aligning goals across solution areas and facilitates cross-selling with various workloads.
- You will orchestrate team resources and coaches team to maximize impact of customer engagements and drive mid-to long-term strategy through cross-workload capacity planning, prioritization, and utilization of resources. You will proactively plan team resources and influences future blueprints.
Scale Through Partners
- You will maximizes area-level capacity and capabilities of scaling through partners by coaching team to grow partner network, identifying gaps and promoting Microsoft within the Microsoft ecosystem (e.g., account teams). You will raise escalations or alleviate blockers through collaboration with manager-level counterparts in cross-functional groups.
- You will build compete strategy, coach, and provide support to internal teams and work with local marketing teams to shape corporate domain messages.
Solution Design and Proof
- You will oversee and coach team in guiding customers through digital transformation solutions and applying advanced sales methodologies, while envisioning new and innovative solutions that use Microsoft technology to meet customer needs and identifying new technical and business trends/needs serving as the voice of the customer (VOC) to Microsoft.
- Act as role model, shares ideas, insight, and strategic-technical input with internal and external communities using knowledge of Microsoft cloud solutions and their context in the competitive landscape.
- Role Model Microsoft Values- Treats others with fairness, respect, empathy, and compassion. Models compliance and represents the Microsoft values and the One Microsoft culture.
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field AND 4+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 7+ years technical pre-sales, technical consulting, or related experience.
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- 1+ years people management experience (including leading virtual teams).
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute plans and build strong relationships.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services team, Microsoft partners, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development.
- Purposeful Planner & Executor – Delivers business impact with intentional planning, driving clarity to the team with consistent coaching rhythms, removing blockers and ensuring quarterly business budget goals are met.
- Disciplined Operator – Maintains excellence in pipeline management, forecasting and driving integrated territory and budget achievement planning.
- Deep technical experience in Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Windows including: Office clients; SharePoint/OneDrive for Business; Exchange; Skype for Business; Teams, Windows 10 or Windows 11; Security, Yammer; Viva, Project; Visio; Power BI; Delve Analytics
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals and SC-900 Security Fundamentals Certified or prepared to attain within 3 months.
- Modern Work & Security related Associate level certification or prepared to attain certification within 6 months.
- Current Certifications in domain-specific technologies preferred: Telecommunications or Networking Industry Certification (ie CTNP, CVA) or Vendor Certification (ie CCNA, CCNP, etc) or Security related certifications (CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP) preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.