Account Manager, H&W Advertising
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing
a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-
changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Advertising empowers the largest advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid digital marketing,
native and retail solutions on the Microsoft Advertising platform. We are seeking top performing Account Managers with digital paid media
advertising experience who can drive revenue and increase client satisfaction by owning the day-to-day client management and driving
campaign-level budget upsell and optimization opportunities that align to ROI goals of client and drive incremental revenue.
The Account Manager (Strategic segment) (AM) in Microsoft Advertising enables Microsoft to better serve Strategic and Enterprise clients by
applying obsession to what clients care about and need, ensuring our Microsoft Advertising story is valued and understood, and building and
maintaining strong, trusted-advisor relationships with day-to-day practitioner contacts at advertiser/agency/tool provider. The AM drives both
revenue and client satisfaction.
The AM is a core member of the account team focused on driving data-driven optimizations aligned with client needs, executing campaigns,
and delivering strong collaboration partnerships, support team/resource utilization, and consistent excellence in execution of core tasks,
account transitions, and client account health.
- Shared culture of diversity and respect: Continue to create deep connections within our communities, focus on increasing representation,
retaining and growing our current team members, while fostering awareness and growth through an inclusive environment.
- Strong client relationships and account health: Own the day-to-day management for newly onboarded & existing clients. Flawless
execution of campaigns. Strong coordination with internal resources for execution of core tasks. Awareness and understanding of all
required billing and compliance requirements. Contribute to quality and actionable Client Plan.
- Pursue optimizations to deliver quota expectations: Analyze and share data insights to influence client optimization strategies to drive
campaign-level budget upsell and optimization opportunities that align to ROI goals of client and drive incremental revenue. Leverage
internal tool client tactics to inform and prioritize upsells and optimizations, seeking to drive swift implementation. Drive tactic
improvement by providing thoughtful feedback to make opportunities more relevant to client goals. Leverage self-serve tools and
community forums to deliver insights for non-Insights enabled clients.
- Fluent advocate of the Microsoft Advertising: Educate clients on how the Microsoft Advertising platform and existing features help them to
reach their business goals and execute on budgets. Ensure regular client engagement with the Microsoft Advertising platform, and aim to
reduce client reliance on AM for routine tasks. Utilize all available readiness and insights to ensure you are a fluent advocate of the
Microsoft Advertising and One Microsoft story. Develop and demonstrate an intermediate to expert level knowledge of emerging
- Collaborative and high-performing account team: Ensure timely and proactive management of client escalations by effectively leveraging
Account Executive and internal partner network to resolve day-to-day technical and account escalations and revenue blockers. Partner with
account team to submit actionable feedback on product, tools and processes through relevant channels.
- Continuous business learning and professional growth: Continually strengthen your Microsoft Advertising and Digital Media Industry
expertise, take personal accountability for your career and personal development. Complete required and recommended trainings and
apply what you learn to further your growth in role and career progression.
- Minimum 3 years’ digital media search engine marketing, sales and service experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity, communications skills and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to understand client needs, create and deliver customized, data-driven client-focused pitches and solutions.
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management.
- Talented in using data to influence via engaging presentations and clear written communications.
- Solid knowledge of the search industry, trends, and clients’ needs.
- Passion for technology as an enabler for client and company growth.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, as appropriate
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.