Customer Advocacy Fulfillment Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Microsoft, our strongest advocates are our current customers. They have used our technology to move their business forward and to transform their company. Whether they are a BDM, Developer or ITDM, they are proud of their technology choice and excited to share their success with peers. At the same time, we know how important peer recommendations are for buyers throughout the purchase process. Our job in Customer Advocacy is to recruit, nurture, and engage current customers to join our advocacy program. Additionally, it is our responsibility to support our future customers who want to hear from like-minded peers to help them make a buying decision. Happy and successful customers are our strongest advocates. They trust Microsoft and the impact our technology has had. Connecting our current customers with future customers gives our tribe of advocates an opportunity to evangelize and celebrate their successes while supporting future customers with their important buying decision.
Although the primary day-to-day relationship rests in the field with account teams, the mission of the Customer Advocacy Fulfillment Manager is to help our sales and analyst relations team find advocates who are willing to share their experience with prospective customers and industry analysts through a reference call. To accomplish this mission, the Customer Advocacy Fulfillment Manager partners with the Customer Advocacy Recruitment Manager to ensure recruitment plans focus on finding advocates who are using products that are part of priority sales initiatives. In addition, this role also partners with the Customer Advocacy Engagement Manager who oversees the creation of engagement programs that nurture the customers who are already part of our referral program and drives community among these contacts. Another key partner is our agency of record in charge of fulfillment responsibilities.
Fulfillment Engine and Execution
- Enhance the operational framework and fulfillment standard operating procedures (SOPs) governing fulfillment execution and ensuring SOPs support efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance objectives based on reporting outcomes and learnings.
- Partner with our technology capability manager to develop requirements for database and capability improvements.
- Manage our agency of record and work through our agency to manage the pipeline of fulfillment requests and ensure the team is meeting monthly fulfillment objectives and develop mitigation plans when these objectives are not being met.
- Leading proactive reference fulfillment campaigns by identifying the top opportunities within a solution area, matching a selection of reference customers using the same technology and/or from the same industry, and supporting the account team to connect an advocate to an opportunity.
- Leverage the escalation protocol to manage and mitigate escalations when these occur.
Strategy and Relationship Management
- Understanding the needs that each of our businesses have in terms of priorities (verticals, regions, solutions, etc.).
- Maintaining a strong pulse of what our competition is doing in customer advocacy.
- Regularly communicating with referral requesters (sellers, product marketers, engineers, etc.) to understand their needs and pain-points.
- Develop a relationship ecosystem with engineering partners who support priority products.
- Socializing fulfillment plans, goals, and objectives to senior stakeholders and partners.
Helping others be great by:
- Supporting early-in-career team members in their career journey.
- Showing up with a desire to help.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback.
- Living the Microsoft culture principles, values, and leadership principles.
- Bringing your whole self to work.
This is a new role in the cloud marketing team. As a result, you will have the opportunity to further define your responsibilities once you identify the best ways to drive impact. This role is closely connected to the sales process, with a front row seat looking at what motivates customers during the buying journey. Key skill development will include mobilizing cross-functional teams to achieve shared business outcomes, deeply understanding customers and the tools needed to motivate decision making, and the power of peer networks in a commercial business environment.
- Strong customer-centric mindset and demonstrated ability to put the customer first.
- Strong understanding of the B2B technology decision-making journey and the information needs of BDM and TDM.
- Familiarity with cloud commercial solutions.
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze critical factors and variables that influence the long-term success of the referral recruitment strategy and the executional details. You see factors that others may not see.
- Skilled at creating at scale workflow models, processes, and KPIs and drive towards consistent execution.
- Excellent talent manager with the ability to energize people, set clear goals and objectives, and provide timely and direct feedback that help people focus their energies on driving impact. You see the potential in others.
- Expert bridge builder with the ability to break down silos that prevent clarity on shared missions and learnings. Building connections comes naturally to you.
- Experience with program performance tracking and communications.
- Recognized as a self-starter with a bias for action.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset approach.
- Experience with commercial technology sales process as an account team member or other sales related role.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience in Fortune 100 organizations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.