Director Support Engineering
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Within CE&S, the Customer Service & Support (CSS) organization builds trust and confidence for every person and organization through delivering a seamless support experience. In CSS, we help customers and partners resolve their issues quickly, prevent future problems from occurring, and demonstrate new ways to achieve more from their Microsoft investment.
Within Customer Service and Support (CSS), our Digital Transformation Platform (DTP) group delivers world-class support for our global customers on their digital transformation journey. We provide valuable support solutions on a wide range of technologies, including Data analytics, Artificial Intelligence and IoT, Business Intelligence and Power BI, SQL, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform, that elevate our customers’ trust in Microsoft and improve their business performance.
As a Director of Technical Support Engineering you will lead an organization with deep deep product knowledge that resolve customer technical issues. You will own the customer relationship from a support standpoint and enable your teams to deliver a great customer experience and drive Microsoft Product Improvement. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth and hone your customer relationship management and leadership skills. You will develop deep technology industry knowledge and become adept at leading an organization of diverse teams.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- You lead teams of product experts that solve complex customer technical issues by practicing leadership principles, enabling a culture that drives accountability and helps attracting/ retaining great people
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Response and Resolution
- You act as escalation point for customer issues that are politically charged and/or of technical/ financial complexity. You enable teams to effectively manage the customer relationship with regards to Technical Support and remove roadblocks and help prioritize technical issues at a global level.
- Manages cases escalated from other Technical Support Engineering Managers to ensure successful resolution of highly complex cases. Develops strategic plans for resolving customer issues.
- Tracks resolution speed and removes roadblocks. Identifies and drives root cause analysis. Acts as an escalation point in case resolution as necessary. Resolves issues that are politically charged and of technical complexity or financial importance. Applies intellectual insight to solve complex issues. Develops and delivers systematic, best-in-class solutions systems.
- Identifies patterns and solutions to influence internal stakeholders on the prioritization of issues.
- Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups including support engineering groups, product groups, services team, and account team as needed to resolve highly complex customer issues.
- Analyzes group readiness strategy proactively to ensure the team has the correct readiness plan and executes readiness plan for technologies and feature releases. Collects feedback and improves readiness content. Ensures team members completed readiness plans in a timely manner.
- You drive the partnership with internal groups to ensure aggregated customer feedback is considered to influence and drive product quality improvements
- Partners with internal groups to align voice of customer data into a single set of resolution requests to the product and business groups. Communicates aggregated customer feedback to stakeholders.
- Tracks pending cases due to bugs and influences product team to improve resolution and prevent customers from being impacted. Ensures that the product group is accountable for the resolution of bugs.
- Directs the creation of the tools required to deliver consistent service to global customers.
- Reviews established operational frameworks and sets standards and measures for resolving issues.
- Participates in case triage meetings as needed (e.g., if a customer escalation happens and they pool the team together to understand that particular part).
- You establish engagement strategy to promote effective collaboration across other teams and organizations to enable a great customer experience.
- 10+ years operational excellence, delivery management, account management, sales, or vendor management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 8+ years operational excellence, delivery management, account management, sales, or vendor management experience.
- 5+ years experience of managing managers.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years managing managers.
- Microsoft Technology Certifications.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills?
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations?
- Ability to manage high pressure situations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#CES #CSS #DTP #DataAI#IntelligencePlatform