Director of Supportability
Location: Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Within CE&S, the Customer Service & Support (CSS) organization builds trust and confidence for every person and organization through delivering a seamless support experience. In CSS, we help customers and partners resolve their issues quickly, prevent future problems from occurring, and demonstrate new ways to achieve more from their Microsoft investment.
Applications & infrastructure - the largest and fastest growing group in CSS - provides Microsoft’s commercial customers with timely technical expertise to address their business-critical challenges and partners with them to advance global, cross-cloud solutions that enable their people and empower the world.
You and the team will help drive improvements to the product, service and ecosystem by providing the customer perspective backed up by data, in a well-articulated manner that clearly identifies product, service issues, and the impact of these issues on customer loyalty and satisfaction. You will champion and drive proactive customer centric features into the products and services, with the goal of eliminating and preventing future customer issues. The successful candidate is a dynamic individual with a track record of self-improvement, persistence in driving towards goals in the face of adversity, focus on results, and an ability to draw the best out of people in a genuine way. The person hired for this position must be able to leverage data to develop insights in order to influence the appropriate stakeholders. Technical skills, strong program management skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills are a must.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Identification and Prioritization
- Develops issue and risk identification processes and shares strategic insights into risk identification and prioritization processes with other team members.
- Ensures the team is invited to and participating in feature and functional meetings/reviews. Establishes goals for these meetings, ensures goals are met, and provides assistance/guidance when needed.
- Develops strategies and identifies sponsors for opportunities to utilize automated solutions and/or processes for delivery teams and/or advocates.
- Helps the team understand feature areas, the prioritizations, and how it fits in the larger picture. Seeks out alignment with engineering.
Presenting Issues and Risks
- Influences product/program direction by leading team members in establishing connections and risks across products, programs, and services.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and supportability sponsor across product lines. Ensures resolution of issues across product groups.
- Identifies the strategic direction and vision around innovative approaches to mitigation including automated solutions and diagnostic tools. Ensures and guides their team in the utilization and adoption of the correct approaches to mitigate issues.
- Supports and drives the team to identify issues from previous versions and ensures that issues are addressed in future versions.
- Maintains alignment with delivery managers on operational excellence strategy.
- Supports team on escalated customer issues involving high-impact or large customers, and drives business-focused discussions with product team around customer satisfaction, roadblocks, revenue generation risks, business impact, etc.
- Holds stakeholders accountable to take advantage of opportunities that exist.
- Leverages data provided by team (e.g., dashboards) to communicate business impact and drive thoughtful discussions with product team; identifies data that is needed to provide key insights for operational or customer problems.
- Guides team on approach for addressing conflicting taxonomy needs/preferences between cross-functional teams/organizations (e.g., supportability team, product team) as appropriate. Aligns teams on taxonomy and pushes back when needed.
- 12+ years related work experience (e.g., technical/customer services, technical/customer support, business process operations, product development/management, product marketing, business or product strategy, technical consulting, data analysis)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Social Science, Marketing, Communications, or related field AND 10+ years related work experience (e.g., technical/customer services, technical/customer support, business process operations, product development/management, product marketing, business or product strategy, technical consulting, data analysis)
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Business, Social Science, Marketing, Communications, or related field AND 8+ years related work experience (e.g., technical/customer services, technical/customer support, business process operations, product development/management, product marketing, business or product strategy, technical consulting, data analysis).
- Technical fluency/acumen
- Demonstrated experience/ability in leading both direct and virtual teams with a broad array of skills to ensure best-in-class customer outcomes.
- Create clarity for teams, translating complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy for technical products
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, be persistent, patient and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years technical support-related call center experience.
- 7+ years marketing or product experience (e.g., engineering).
- 5+ years people management experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#CES #CSS #AppsInfra #AzureCore