Partner Development Management - Venture Capital
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and it’s the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The Partner Development Manager – VC / PE (Venture Capital/Private Equity) Recruit PDMR-VC (Partner Develpment Manager) is an important contributor to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. GPS leads this effort in recruiting venture capital (VC) and private equity firms (PE) for collaboration and early access to their portfolio companies. Microsoft views relationships with these firms as an integral part of the ISV partner recruit strategy - building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to joint customers.
The Global PDMR-VC will be tasked with managing a portfolio of select VC and PE firms and will work with them on bidirectional market signal as well as qualify ISVs from their portfolio to leverage the Microsoft engines, identifying prospective startups and unicorns within their portfolios. They will guide these ISV partners through the recruitment process, to develop their solution on the Microsoft platform. The Global PDMR-VC orchestrates the resources and provides guidance for the duration of the recruit process, working with the new partner to create value that will solve customer business challenges for the prospective customers of the joint offerings. The primary focus on late stage, high growth companies within these portfolios will result in cloud penetration and cloud revenue growth.
Recruitment Strategy and Planning - Contribute to VC and PE firm recruitment strategic planning, as well as that of the ISVs in their portfolio. Seek and articulate market insights about our top competitors and their offers. Share best practices and learnings.
Recruit and manage VC and PE firm partnerships - Contact target firms to evangelize value proposition, and quantify market opportunity. Coordinate engagement of Microsoft team required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
Build ISV Portfolio Funnel - Execute appropriate transfer of partner to recruit engines and long-term partnership landing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 8+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field AND 10+ years partner management, sales, developer, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with venture capital and/or private equity firms
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 - 222,000 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.