Director, Product Marketing- Business Applications (Dynamics 365 & Power Platform) and Data & AI
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Miami, Florida, Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We enable organizations to grow, evolve and transform to meet the needs of their customers and capture new opportunities.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Like Satya Nadella wrote in Hit Refresh, “Our industry does not respect tradition. What it respects is innovation.”
We are looking for a Solution Area Go-To-Market (GTM) Leader to manage the team of GTM leads for Business Applications (Dynamics 365 & Power Platform) and Data & AI. This team cultivates the Field GTM to accelerate revenue, grow market share and enable customer success. This is a pivotal role in Microsoft’s ability to help customers realize their digital transformation.
By joining the Industry, Apps and Data marketing organization you will join a team that is always innovating. You will join a team where you can explore your passions and do your best work, in an inclusive and always learning environment.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Defining the Field GTM Manager role blueprint, investments, and core priorities
- Participating in the Corporate Planning and co-developing the Solution Play strategies
- Landing the Planning and Execution guidance with the Field Business Groups
- Managing the worldwide communities of GTM Mangers and help orchestrating the local execution
- Supporting the field teams to exceed revenue and scorecard targets
- Coaching the Field Business Groups to be the local voice of the Business
- Synthesizing, Simplify and Share feedback & learnings
- Facilitating practice sharing amongst field and corp teams
- Championing the most impactful change programs
- Travel required – 10%, domestic and international
- 10+ years marketing strategy, business planning, sales enablement, business development, technical pre-sales, or related work experience AND Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- People Management Experience: 2+ years people management experience.
- Understanding of Microsoft Cloud solution stack
- Understanding of competitive landscape in the cloud business
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Solid track record of field execution
- Strong core marketing communications skills & experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills & experience
- Technically adept
- Excellent communicator
The most relevant competencies for this role are:
- Strategic thinking, insight & analysis, driving for results, and influencing for impact: Ability to develop strategic plans for the business based on analysis as well as field feedback, while also bringing strong execution capabilities to complex opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communicator: Ability to organize information into easy-to-understand formats delivering presentations that clearly articulate opportunities and compel the audience to support action.
- Cross-group collaboration: Ability to build strong relationships and work closely with members of various teams across the company to achieve our business goals and help others also be successful at achieving their objectives.
- Adaptability: Ability to look at an old problem in new ways and find ways to solve that problem through new or redesigned tools, processes, or systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.