Principal Group Engineering Manager
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Teams is mission critical for small and large institutions world wide. Especially in the age of hybrid work - as governments, schools/colleges & universities, NGOs & companies around the world look to maintain connection and productivity- Teams usage has seen rocket ship growth.
Help us drive & deliver the mission of being the best in class meetings and events solution.
At Microsoft Teams, we tackle the toughest challenges in the team calling and meetings, collaboration and productivity space, and you will have an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond.
The Teams Meetings and Events team is looking for a strong engineering leader to help define a vision and roadmap for the product areas and drive the execution with collaboration with other teams distributed globally. This is the Group Engineering Manager role with opportunity for deep technical impact, product innovation and lots of executive visibility and opportunity for customer impact and advancement.
The leader is expected to be inspiring, inclusive, and collaborative to lead a team of 45+ team responsible for delivering customer and business value in this space. Principal ICs and Principal Managers will report to this role. As part of the leadership team, you will play a key role in building the teams with the right culture, partnering with other teams, interacting with customers, and representing the innovations in our organization.
- Collaborate across boundaries.. teams and disciplines - to develop and deliver on roadmap.
- Listen to customers and leverage insights to build high-quality product and services people love to use.
- Design and implement new features and re-architect to improve existing features and designs.
- Inform and drive next generation architectural investments that keep reliability & performance front and center of all innovation.
- Grow and develop a talented, inclusive and effective team of engineers and managers.
The Core skills we are looking for are:
- 2+ years managing teams of teams.
- 5+ years in people management roles.
- BS degree preferably in CS or related engineering field
- 10+ years of implementing code level patterns that allow large codebases & teams to scale.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
- Experience driving efforts across product groups and business units.
- Exposure to networking and telephony protocols such as HTTPS, TCP/IP stack, SIP, ICE, RTP, RTCP.
- Demonstrated passion for building great end-user experiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.