Security Engineering: Full Time Opportunities for University Graduates
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Every year, we welcome thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University graduates from every corner of the world. This opportunity will allow you to explore security and identify vulnerabilities, mitigate security issues, execute counter measures, and/or conduct security research.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
This job posting includes the following 4 disciplines:
- Identify problems and vulnerabilities through application of engineering to dynamically penetrate software / hardware / human systems
- Result in security bug discovery, exploit and suggest security controls and mitigations in response to security flaws
- Develop and implement pen testing strategy and apply expertise to engineer solutions
- Influence mitigations for current and future products and solutions
Security Operations Engineering
- Execute security controls, defenses, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce, and web-based systems
- Research attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and determine next steps, including potential escalations
- Develop and implement automation of security process and procedure where possible, and translate security policy into effective controls
- Respond to security incidents, conduct threat intelligence and analysis, and use data analytics to drive security decisions
- Conduct and support red/purple team operations or improve security posture
- Maintain hardware, software, and network firewalls and encryption protocols
- Administers security policies to control access to systems
- Analyze, engineer solutions, and mitigate security issues through the design, policy, threat modeling, assurance program design, education, thought leadership and facilitation around secure software development and operational security assurance
- Support operational security and security incidents as well as security reviews and reporting
- Plan and support research into security issues and partner across security disciplines to address issues
- Design and conduct security research including malware analysis, threat and vulnerability analysis, adversary tracking, threat intelligence, detection & remediation development and other technology application focuses related to the understanding of the threat landscape with intent to disrupt adversaries or provide protection via defensive products and services
- Generate solutions including first party mitigation and work closely with customers and partners; support operational security and security incidents as well as security reviews and reporting
- Demonstrate industry leadership through subject matter expertise and contributing to thought leadership and advancement
- Pursuing or Completed a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Experience in software development lifecycle, identifying security vulnerabilities, large-scale computing, modeling, cyber security, and/or anomaly detection
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is $92,900 - $151,800.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.