Partner Technology Strategist
Location: Addison, Texas, Albany, New York, Arlington, Virginia, Bellevue, Washington, Berkeley, California, Dallas, Texas, Danbury, Connecticut, Dulles, Virginia, Edison, New Jersey, Farmington, Connecticut, Glendale, California, Hartford, Connecticut, Houston, Texas, Irvine, California, Los Angeles, California, McLean, Virginia, Mountain View, California, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington, Richmond, Virginia, Sacramento, California, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Santa Barbara, California, Seattle, Washington, Syracuse, New York, Tacoma, Washington, Vienna, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia, Wenatchee, Washington, Woodbridge Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Creates partners’ technology and business roadmaps and technical enablement plans to outline the partners’ digital transformation journey and align with Microsoft’s technology priorities. Ensures partner capability to bring new solutions to market that drive both partner growth and Microsoft revenues and orchestrates projects/programs according to partner plan. Acts as a trusted advisor to key decision makers by learning about the partner organization, advising on solutions, and positioning Microsoft offerings. Generates business insights to inform strategic planning and leverages teams in gathering insights to address client business challenges. Drives execution of technology adoption and digital transformation strategy to build partner capability, drive technology consumption, and ensure client satisfaction.
Partner and Industry Insights
- Generates business insights based on experience with the partner and internal teams (e.g., community and ecosystem, Account team), and from knowledge of the capability of Microsoft products, to provide input into planning processes. Adapts plans based on insights, under guidance.
- Orchestrates smaller teams to gather information about the partner, under guidance. Begins to form insights around industry trends to deliver solutions.
- Acts as the voice of the partner and internal advocate by providing insights, feedback, and challenges from the partner to internal teams (e.g., product groups, engineers).
- Researches partner organizations and may be involved in contacting technical decision makers (TDMs) and/or business decision makers (BDMs). Learns about their needs and begins advising on solutions and positioning Microsoft offerings.
- Provides analysis of overall partner needs and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions.
- Ensures execution of technology strategy and/or digital transformation by identifying and resolving technical blockers that arise during strategy planning and implementation and driving technology adoption.
- Supports the creation of fundamental, mid-term technical and business roadmaps (e.g., up to 12 months), outlining the digital transformation journey and core wins. Builds technical engagement or enablement plan, captures baseline, and drives envisioning to support mid-term business plans.
Demand Generation and Orchestration
- Orchestrates internal teams to ensure sufficient technical resources for demands, from a limited pool of resources, when appropriate.
Differentiated Value Proposition
- Drives conversations with small or local partners that present the strategic relationship between Microsoft technologies, products, and services compared with the competitor's solution and the partner's overall business goals and objectives.
Education and Thought Leadership
- Uses existing readiness resources to support the development of enablement plans for assigned partners to develop and expand their technical product capabilities. Contributes to innovations to accelerate meeting goals for partner capacity, while maximizing reach and impact.
- Provides input to virtual team members (e.g., Account Team) using a working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, partner accounts, and digital transformations.
- Orchestrates execution and monitoring of projects/programs in accordance with the partner plan. Sets timelines and milestones, and tracks progress toward objectives. Builds industry knowledge and establishes technical credibility with partners to drive the project agenda.
- Helps the customer/partner to be successful with their solution implementations and digital transformations by helping to anticipate issues and how to address them. Ensures that solutions meet client needs while also optimizing solutions to drive technology consumption.
- Secures commitment from partners to develop innovative solutions using Microsoft technologies in collaboration with partner, and builds solutions into the partner ecosystem to enable partners to sell to end-customers.
- Helps assigned partners engage in technical pre-sales, deployment, and consumption for the practices or solutions they have built capability in. Proactively addresses partners' technical blockers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, business or related field AND 2+ years of technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 1+ year(s) technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Technical experience in at least two of the three Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Azure, M365, D365) and ability to articulate the value proposition of Microsoft Cloud services to partners.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging Cloud trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- 2+ years of related working experience with ISVs in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies required.
- Knowledge of MS platforms preferable, project management, technical Sales, and technical account management.
- Strong understanding of industry plays, trends and how technology can address some of the industry challenges with 2+ year working record and cloud adoption.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with CXOs and building cloud consumption share in Software vendors.
- Experience in building new practices and solution offerings on a public cloud.
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.