Partner Technology Strategist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Las Vegas, Nevada, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Richmond, Virginia, Sacramento, California, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Creates partners’ technology and business roadmaps and technical enablement plans to outline the partners’ digital transformation journey and align with Microsoft’s technology priorities. Ensures partner capability to bring new solutions to market that drive both partner growth and Microsoft revenues and orchestrates projects/programs according to partner plan. Acts as a trusted advisor to key decision makers by learning about the partner organization, advising on solutions, and positioning Microsoft offerings. Generates business insights to inform strategic planning and leverages teams in gathering insights to address client business challenges. Drives execution of technology adoption and digital transformation strategy to build partner capability, drive technology consumption, and ensure client satisfaction.
Partner and Industry Insights
- Generates business insights based on data received from the partner and internal teams (e.g., community and ecosystem, Account team), and from knowledge of the capability of Microsoft products, to provide input into planning processes.
- Researches partner organizations and identifies technical decision makers (TDMs).
- Provides analysis of overall partner needs and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions.
- Executes technology strategy and/or digital transformation by helping to resolve technical blockers that arise during strategy planning and implementation and driving technology adoption.
- Assists in the creation of fundamental, technical roadmaps, outlining the digital transformation journey and core wins, with help from others. Builds technical engagement or enablement plan, captures baseline, and drives envisioning.
Differentiated Value Proposition
- Drives conversations with small or local partners that present the strategic relationship between Microsoft technologies, products, and services compared with the competitor's solution and the partner's overall business goals and objectives.
Education and Thought Leadership
- Uses existing readiness resources to support the development of enablement plans for assigned partners to develop and expand their technical product capabilities. Contributes to innovations to accelerate meeting goals for partner capacity, while maximizing reach and impact.
- Participates in the Microsoft community and stays updated on internal community posts.
- Supports the orchestration of project steps toward partner plan, and tracks progress toward timelines and milestones; may manage the technical components of projects for small accounts.
- Takes responsibility for customer/partner satisfaction for less complex, tactical solutions. Ensures that solutions meet client needs and helps coordinate resources to take action when appropriate.
- Secures commitment from partners to develop innovative solutions using Microsoft technologies in collaboration with partner, and builds solutions into the partner ecosystem to enable partners to sell to end-customers.
- Helps assigned partners engage in technical pre-sales, deployment, and consumption for the practices or solutions they have built capability in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 1+ year(s) technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical work or internship experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Microsoft Hardware & Cloud Technologies and their role in driving successful business outcomes
- 1+ years experience with relevant technologies (e.g., cloud, infrastructure, Microsoft platform)
- Ability to generate business insights based on data received from the partner and internal teams) and from knowledge of the capability of Microsoft products to provide input into planning processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft platform preferable, project management, technical sales and technical account management
- Ability to drive conversations with small or local partners that present the strategic relationship between Microsoft technologies, products, and services compared with the competitor's solution and the partner's overall business goals and objectives
- Capability to leverage existing readiness resources to support the development of assigned partners and expand their technical product capabilities
- Ability to influence partners to develop solutions encompassing both Microsoft hardware and software technologies
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to small and large audiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.