Security Operations Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of the Microsoft Security organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Deliver impact with high accountability to accuracy and quality for assigned projects.
- Partner with program managers, service managers, SOEs and software engineers and provide design inputs, specifications, requirements to influence and advance service capabilities.
- Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Design/Create, develop, own and maintain operational procedures for onboarding, managing service environments to meet defined OLAs, SLAs.
- Will be participating in a multi-location on-call rotation to support our services in incidents.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and with a diverse range of people.
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Azure (or any other Cloud), Azure DevOps experience highly desirable.
- Proven record of continuous improvements in service, product, technology implementation.
- 2+ years experience on Port Scanning, Anti-malware or vulnerability management experience.
- Ability to think creatively, bring diverse experience to bear on problems, and encourage other diverse perspectives.
- Previous experience working in a large-scale cloud environment.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
- Proven interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Experience in collaboration across teams within and outside the organization.
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate.
Preferred, not required:
- Knowledge or ASA, CI/CD, KUSTO, SQL Server and Spark highly desirable.
- 2+ years’ experience participating in software or service deliverables using Agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Knowledge and implementation of High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity.
- Administrator, developer, and/or security experience with one or more of the following platforms: Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365 Enterprise (Office, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, Yammer, Power Platform, Analytics, AI Platform, others).
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS, GCIA, GCIH, OSCP, and/or Security+ certification.
Describe the ideal candidate:
- Self-Driven, willing to take challenges and has ‘can do’ attitude.
- Passionate about Data Parsing and Analysis, Cyber Security
- Curious, resilient and collaborative
- Solutions Focused
- Strong team player & collaboration skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.