Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
As the core platform team of the Intelligence Platform group, we are responsible for designing, building and running the many micro services and components that power the limitless scale of our entire family of Analytics capabilities. These products store and analyze Exabytes of data, process billions of messages and run millions of compute cores
We invite you to join our rapidly growing start up like high energy and diverse team where the code you write is going to directly power some of the most successful and largest scale data products from Microsoft.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers with experience working on all aspects of distributed systems handling high throughput, multi-tenant micro services and have the ability to design generic platform components that are resilient and performant under strict SLAs.
- Collaborate with architects and PMs in detailed functional design of the systems
- Develop PoCs to evaluate technology options & to identify potential technical challenges and trade-offs
- Develop system designs that meet heterogeneous needs of various partners
- Come up with SLAs by negotiating with partner teams
- Design, develop, test, deploy and run services that meet the SLAs
- Promote a diverse and inclusive culture by demonstrating model behaviors
- 2+ years of experience coding in C#, Java, C++, Python or similar language
- 2+ years of experience designing & developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Masters Degree in CS or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience deploying micro-services in cloud infra
- Experience with Azure
- SQL, No-SQL Databases
- Problem solving using data structures and algorithms
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.