Channel Sales SMB, Azure
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is anchored on embracing a growth mindset, where anyone can change, learn, and grow. Four attributes allow this growth mindset to flourish: obsessing over what matters to our customers, becoming more diverse and inclusive in everything we do and create, operating as one company instead of multiple siloed businesses and lastly, making a difference in the lives of each other, our customers, and the world around us. You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team’s mission is to: build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people, and organizations to achieve more. Building on the GPS mission, the Azure Sales – SMB role is responsible for driving the partner led channel sales performance @ scale, via an integrated and cohesive plan, to attain the SMB solution areas’ targets.
In the US, Partner Led / SMB is a multibillion-dollar business and is not only one of the largest businesses but also one of the fastest growing cloud businesses. The US Channel Sales Team is the pinnacle of this motion worldwide, leading with innovative and creative programs and initiatives to drive cloud growth, better servicing our partners and customers at scale. The role’s core function will require working closely with a key selection of Azure partners that can drive sales and CPE at top unmanaged accounts, as well as partners that drive a scale customer acquisition motion, to achieve cloud growth at scale. To better support these partners, the Azure Channel Sales - SMB role will need to work closely with partner account managers, digital sellers, and SMB-customer teams for partner capacity & capability requirements across the continuum (small to larger accounts) of the Partner Led / SMB business. Activities include deal triage, lead flow management, customer engagement, funding requests, red carpet process, sales coaching, etc.
The individual that will flourish in the Azure Channel Sales - SMB role is someone that is sales centric, can operate at scale with agility and accountability, has knowledge about our Cloud Strategy, and wants to express their creativity and innovative thinking in solving big complex problems that impact Microsoft’s bottom-line. The Azure Channel Sales - SMB team is the closest thing you will get to a startup in Microsoft!
- Creates and nurtures a partner ecosystem with assistance from manager and others, to drive larger impact for the customer. Facilitates matchmaking to drive opportunities (e.g., cloud and solutions), connecting partners to sellers and identifying how specific business needs can be met via Microsoft solutions. Delivers and integrates partner expertise and solutions into sales cycles that grow consumption of Microsoft products.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g., account team unit, solution team unit, business groups, customer program management, worldwide inside sales, cloud specialist) to establish quality partner connections and orchestrate processes to set expectations and generate trust. Refers to solution/practice maps or marketing campaigns to support partner strategy. Drives leads and opportunities for co-sell-ready partners with internal teams (e.g., Partner Marketing Advisor [PMA] team) and provides feedback on Solution/Practice map coverage or marketing campaigns. Engages in partner-to-partner collaborations to provide solutions to customers and to scale offerings.
- Manages partner co-selling for Microsoft’s most strategic solution partners to drive joint pipeline and partner consumption of Microsoft products. Connects with Microsoft’s sales and partner communities to bridge and support partner-to-partner engagements as needed - aiming to scale the offering also through co-sell-ready partners. Identifies and lands sales offers, incentives, and surface customer wins for partner sell-with evidence. Supports account teams while navigating within the partner solutions/expertise. Carries a target on intellectual property (IP) or service co-sell metrics and connects partners with sales teams to move sales forward.
- Develops pipelines with co-sellers. Engages partners and co-sellers proactively to ensure right co-sell prioritization and pipeline coverage to support targets. Participates in intellectual property (IP) and service sales forecasting, as well as account/territory planning to identify and address gaps. And drives pipeline reviews with top co-sell partners and Microsoft sellers to evaluate pipeline effectiveness.
- Leverages the voice of partners and customers through direct engagements, field surveys, partner events and surveys, listening systems, and social mechanisms, to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers. Drives attendance to partner events and responses to surveys. Connects resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points. Shares feedback among build-with teams and executes corrections of errors in response to feedback.
- Maintains and stays up to date on Microsoft's sales compliance processes. Drives sales with partners in accordance with Microsoft's compliance policies
- Drive the SMB Partner Sales Priorities to success:
- Accelerate cloud customer acquisition through increased capacity and migration plays that are SMB centric.
- Drive CSP conversion from legacy licenses (EA/OPEN/MPSA)
- Triage sales support requests and ensure the best resources are available to drive the maximum revenue impact.
- Drive growth in cloud customer acquisition by selecting the right partners at the Solution Area level and drive sales accountability to the SMB centric partners, with the partner account manager, to ensure SMB accountability at the partner level.
- Work closely to support the digital sellers by being that partner point of contact and sales coach in to maximize impact.
- Lead conversation with customer in situations like red carpet, “Microsoft touch” and escalations.
- Accelerate SMB Scale through engines, programs and investments that help drive customer acquisition at scale (Workshop, Offers, etc.)
- Lead the definition, design, and execution of a subset of engines, programs and investments to scale customer acquisition that will be adopted by the broader team and or digital sale teams.
- 7+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 4+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 3+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving cloud transformation sales with or within Azure, AWS, or GCP channel sales or partner organizations
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 11+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 7+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 5+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
- Demonstrated sales impact related to productivity or security cloud computing solutions within partner organizations or companies like Microsoft, AWS, Google, Oracle, or Snowflake
- Certification for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Data Fundamentals (DP-900), or AI Fundamentals (AI-900)
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $128,300 and $166,700.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.