Privacy Manager for Sales & Marketing
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Houston, Texas, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. In support of this commitment, the Microsoft Sales & Marketing Privacy Program is seeking an energetic self-starter to join our global privacy program to promote privacy compliant sales and marketing activities that build customer and partner trust by meeting or exceeding Microsoft’s privacy commitments.
This position is responsible for supporting various global sales and marketing teams by providing consumable privacy guidance and support aligned to the Microsoft Privacy Standard. A key priority includes reducing sales & marketing business risks by implementing appropriate policies/standards, controls, and processes. Another critical component of the position is developing and maintaining strong relationships with business stakeholders, business leaders, and key contacts in Legal, Controls & Compliance, and the Microsoft privacy community.
The Sales & Marketing Privacy Manager will have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Serve as lead privacy manager for a designated group, with the goal of helping marketing and sales teams adhere to privacy requirements through:
- Consultative reviews and support
- Privacy training
- General awareness activities
- Perform privacy reviews of sales and marketing tools and platforms to ensure tools meet all Microsoft privacy requirements and can be deployed on a global basis
- Maintain mechanisms to understand privacy and personal data management practices across the supported organization
- Evangelize Microsoft’s privacy strategy throughout all supported sales and marketing teams. Ability to:
- Drive priorities across cross-functional teams
- Influence and lead across geographies
- Collaborate and partner with a diversity of roles from Program Managers to Execs
- Develop and maintain systems, tools, and processes to ensure compliance with privacy and security policies and standards
- Partner with corporate and field teams to resolve privacy issues
- Manage, investigate, drive remediation for, and resolve privacy incidents
- Lead a compliance program for the supported organization to ensure adherence of employees and vendors to Microsoft privacy requirements
- Represent Sales & Marketing Privacy Program on cross-group initiatives to ensure that privacy requirements are incorporated into business requirements and processes
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) credential required OR must be obtained within 6 months of start date
- Ability to work collaboratively across a broad spectrum of Microsoft employees, vendors, and business stakeholders
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proven program management covering multiple projects and diverse goals
- High enthusiasm, ingenuity, results-orientation, determination, and resourcefulness
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- 4 +years’ experience working in a sales/marketing organization or in a privacy/compliance role
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Marketing or related field AND 4+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.