Program Manager 2
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Miami, Florida, Phoenix, Arizona, Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
The Azure Container Apps team delivers solutions and services for developers across the globe and industry segments who need to create modern apps and microservices with unmatched developer experience and fully managed infrastructure.
Interested in building the next generation of serverless containers technology? The Azure Container Apps team is looking for a Product Manager to be a part of advancing the boundaries of containerized microservices development and hosting. Your primary responsibility will be to lead feature development for this new Azure service from business opportunity to product reality. You should have an autonomous and collaborative work style, demonstrate a human-centered and data driven approach to understanding customer requirements and competitive context, and strive for tangible business impact. You will need a technical background in software delivery as you will be empowered to make decisions regarding trade-offs and challenges with app development. Previous experience in microservices, containers, and Kubernetes would be beneficial.
- Engage with customers and partners to understand business needs and opportunities
- Structure product features and drive end to end execution
- Collaborate across disciplines and organizations to advocate for customer needs and to deliver business results
- Define product growth hypotheses based on target customer profiles, and lead growth experiments
- 2+ years of experience in a software development, program management, or similar role delivering platform or service features
- Experience with container technologies, Kubernetes, or microservices
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate and share vision and plans
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across disciplines and organizations
- Experience in writing microservices sample and demo code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.